Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campsites in the south of france?

• 29-07-2004 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey..

me and my mate are going to the south of france in about 2 weeks....

we are trying to find a campsite anywhere in the south but all we seem to be getting is the type that have loads of mobile homes in them...

we are bringing over tents with us...(far more cheaper)

does anyone have any info on good places or perhaps been yourselves?

prices?........i was told that its about 100 euro to enter the sites...and an additional 4 euro per nite you stay?.....this correct?

any info will be highly appreciated :) tedi

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Err, I don't know who gave you that info but it's a little high I'd say :)

100? is the weekly price in a 2-star ground for a caravan

If you go here...

http://www.camping2004.com/

And click on the UK flag in the bottom left to change the site to English

Now click on the area of France that you want to visit and put in the arival date. The site will off you a choice of available campsites so click on our pitches if you just want a camping site.

You'll find that an expensive 3-star grounds will charge you 10? per day for the first person and then 5? for each person after that. Power will cost you about 3? extra.

A 2-star, a little further in but still 100Kms from the sea and you get :

General information
    - Minimum Surface 80 m²
    - maximum Surface 100 m²
    Other equipment
    - Pitch delimited
    - free hot showers
    - Electric barbecue permitted
    - Electricity 5 Amp
    - car parking on the pitch

for 10? per day !

Advertisement