Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WYSIWYG editor please

Options
  • 29-07-2004 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Can ye turn on the WYSIWYG editor please? Even limited to the simple stuff would be better than the legacy pain-in-the-hole editor (as we call it in Cork).

adam
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I preferred the menus with bold instead of stars* too btw. More intuitive.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

what is the whatyouseeifwhatyouget editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

When you're typing your reply you see:
    [B]Bold Text[/B]

Instead of (excuse the html code outline, was the only way I could think of to stop it actually rendering the bold tags).

[HTML]Bold Text[/HTML]

You'd need to register on a vBulletin forum to see the vB one, but it looks something like this. Like I said, I wouldn't be bothered about colours and the like - only muppets use colour in their posts anyway - but it's dead handy for the simple stuff like links, bold, italic, etc. And since it can be restricted, I see no reason why it shouldn't be available as an option?

adam

ahh see now.. Good idea!

• Advertisement

Well then, any chance?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

dahamsta wrote:
    You'd need to register on a vBulletin forum to see the vB one, but it looks something like this. Like I said, I wouldn't be bothered about colours and the like - only muppets use colour in their posts anyway - but it's dead handy for the simple stuff like links, bold, italic, etc. And since it can be restricted, I see no reason why it shouldn't be available as an option?

adam
    Doesn't seem to like my firefox very much.

Some of them are cross-browser compatible, some aren't. The vB one works in Firefox for me anyway.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Saint

How much extra load would something like that put on a server.

Saint wrote:
    How much extra load would something like that put on a server.

Can't imagine anything, the post is edited locally and then just uploaded to the server. I would imagine the same info is uploaded regardless of what editor you use.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've enabled it now. I dont know, I think I prefer the old one. Maybe I've gotten used to it.
    You can enable it for yourselves in the UserCP - Options area (towards the bottom of the list).

DeV.

Nice one DeV, cheers.

(The answer to the load question is "very little" btw. For one, the editor has to be manually enabled, so there won't be a big rush to do so; and for two it's simply a javascript that gets cached by the browser, so it only needs to be loaded once per [however often your cache is cleared].)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

nice one dev. much easier to use now.

Advertisement