Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misplace SB Extigy Installation Disk...

Options
  • 29-07-2004 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody.

I've recently decided to move my Sound Blaster Extigy from my laptop to my desktop. Both machines are running Win2k.

The desktop recognises the device no problem (i.e. Plug 'n' Play), but some of the features of it aren't available unless I use the software / drivers that came on CD.

The problem is: I've lost the CD... because I have a tiny brontosaurus brain.

Anyhoo, the only drivers available on the web are "update" drivers which all state "You must have the original drivers installed before installing these".

Anybody have any idea where I could get a copy of the original CD? Or even just the basic drivers? The applications aren't of great importance...

Cheers!

-Seán

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks for the suggestion Jessy, but unfortunately that page only has the update drivers as well.

Grrrr! Why on earth does the Extigy seem to be the ONLY Sound Blaster Creative DON'T provide the basic drivers for?!? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

i have the extigy also but dont have the install cd... the update drivers work grand. it just doesnt include all the crap that creative give u like all the media players and stuff. you should be ok with the update drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Cheers MacGyver,

I'll give that a shot!

-S

Advertisement