Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Kerry

Options
  • 30-07-2004 3:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

John Kerry is after growing some balls and is after getting a get tough attitude to the whole war on terrorism!

just hope those in the US are listening to him and im growing more confident as the days go by the kerry will win this

I think bush is being seen through more and more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He's doing a good job alright.

He's building nicely to each of his points and allowing them to hit home.

It's hard to know however, if this speech will have much impact on those "undecided" voters who could very well be the ones to swing the election in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I am afraid a little here. I just moved to the US and so i see nothing else at the moment but Kerry bashing Bush, Bush bashing Kerry, Kerry bashing Bush...you get the idea.

I am not a Bush basher myself but i fear that his reputation is so low it will not take much to beat him. The way i see it right now the democrats could field Goofy and still have a good chance at winning this.

I am not seeing too much from Kerry that is striking with me (apart from him touching Edwards every possible moment, ALL the time!) but i have no faith in him as president!

Just a fear of mine that he can win this without being all that great to begin with!

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I don't think we'll see Bush and the Republican's presidential campaign in full swing for a while yet.

While it may seem like an obvious thing to us not to vote for Bush, it's almost inevitable that the result will be far tighter than we might believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

im not saying for a moment that it will be a walk over but i think kerry will win some of those key states

You are probably right and when the Republicans get going then the polls and public opinions might change. My thoughts probably have a lot to do with the fact that the demos are in full swing right now. They have been here all last week and so it is very in yer face!

It will be interesting to see what happens but it seems to me that taking aside the recent democratic convention there is so much against Bush to begin with, he just seems like an easy target is all.

Clinton had his Monica and Bush has his Iraq...
    I wonder what Kerrys will be??

• Advertisement

I can see Kerry winning this and i do agree with you guysi just do not like the guy!

Kerry could be Kerry's worst enemy.
    He doesn't seem to have the same charisma as Bill Clinton for example. His reputation is that of someone who's not particularly inspiring, stiff, white collar, upper class image may not appeal to the masses.

Tonight however he showed how good he can be, I still reckon we have yet to see him at his best!

He took a firm stance on many issues which he previously hadn't committed to. He addressed Bush directly and got his campaign proper into full swing quite nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

nevernev wrote:
    I am not a Bush basher myself

quote of the year.

Advertisement