Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

--=[Free IPOD Conga Line]=-- (US Only)

• 30-07-2004 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

first off, lemme say a big hello to everybody here. wonderful boards uve got here :)

youre probably thinking, how in the hell can i get a free 4th generation 20 gb ipod? are you crazy hitachi? well im actually not. let me tell you how:

i suppose i should start at the very beginning. there is a company, the gratis network (Better Business Bureau report) that gets paid for each user that signs up and completes an offer. they get paid through company referral programs. u can find information in the links listed at the bottom.

you simply have to sign up here. use an email account from yahoo or hotmail so ur good emails dont get spammed. put down accurate info, skip the surveys by saying no thanks, skip the refer friends step. no here you are at the complete the offer part. all you have to do is click the ebay offer, its the easiest one, as it doesnt require you to cancel anything and u can do it without a credit card. register a new user under ebay, and supply either a school or ISP email address so u arent required to give out ur credit card number. this email will not get spammed. go to your email that u signed up for ebay with, and comfirm your account by clicking the link. search for a pricey item, like a ps2, xbox, or for laughs, an ipod auction. make sure u find one that has been newly listed for around $1.00. bid more than a dollar, make sure u get qualified as being the highest bidder. and then wallah, thats all there is to your offer. get 5 people to do the same, and a free ipod will be sent to your front door.

its as easy as that. this website, the original, has all the proof you need. take note at the bottom for pictures of people with their free merchandise and other things of that sort. i encourage all of you to do this. free apple ipods for the world! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Some basic requirements

* You must live in the U.S.
    * You may need to be 18 or older
    * You may need a credit card

EH no thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 hitachi_man

^ as i stated in the post, a credit card is not required. nor is there any sort of age verification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Sounds a bit dodge if you ask me! I mean who in there right mind is going to give away a $400 mp3 player for a few clicks???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

sounds like bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

this exact thing was posted here about a month ago and resulted in a ban in i remember correctly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

this stinks of a scam/pyramid scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Feck off hitachi_man with your fraud. Your IP has been logged. Expect a visit from the FBI soon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is on the iriver forums - they were actually reporting it working If i remember. Whats the worst that could happen anywho - its not like your giving out CC details.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Its for the states only boys and girls.

guys this is not illegal or a scam. look at the pictures on this site, or this site, this news report on GIZMODO, or the BBB report with contact information.

Arguments in favor of Free iPods from this site:
    They are affiliates with high profile sites. AOL, GM, etc, do not advertise with every scammer on the block, since it would be bad for business.
    The parent site that runs Free iPods is Gratis Internet [aka Gratis Network]. They have several email addresses and phone/fax numbers on their site, which is professionally done. I think this is worth 15 minutes of your time.
    They are registered with the BBB for several years. See the link above.

jo.king, they can afford to give out ipods because the affiliate programs through ebay, aol, columbia house, pay for each new user who signs up. also, they get tons of money for selling your email address to spam sites. therefore, make sure to use a free account to sign up with!

tusky, youre right man. you dont even have to give out a credit card number.

Here's some links to show you how much various companies pay Gratis for each referral:
    EBAY
    AOL note these are respectable sites.

and if these things dont absolutely put the nail in the coffin for you disbelievers, look at this. If you are still skeptical, you can look at an order that Gratis Internet placed with eCost.com, entering S0700892 as the order number and 20001 as the zipcode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

But its no use to us here, because you have to be in the states!!

^ there are probably some state users here. where is this board hosted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lol... bloody american idiot. Where's the site hoasted? What's a .ie domanian name... duurhhruuhhrhrhrh?!

^ come down my friend. i didnt know ie was ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

There are US users of this site. Give the guy a break !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Didn't know .ie was ireland? What else could it be, iranea? (note, made up country)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whether this is spam or not, it sure as hell is spam

hitachi man , not even knowing where the boards are makes his wonderful scripted intro....

then goes on to say he doesnt know where ie is,
    now if not mistake thats someone joining up for the sole purpose of adding names to his referrer list .....url.com/referrer=xxxxxxx

and if these wonderful people get these bucketloads of money for email addys signed up purely to be used as spam catchers, why does said company receive said money at all?

anyway,,,, back to work

chalk, what is your point?
    whether this is spam or not, it sure as hell is spam
    that doesnt make one big of sense. i saw the link to this board from another website. i dont quite understand what ur implying. ?:|

chalk, what is your point? that doesnt make one big of sense. i saw the link to this board from another website. i dont quite understand what ur implying. ?:|

ive seen this on a number of other boards
    same referrer stuff
    people just join up, one post "click my referrer link" wooot
    and then gone

thats my point

• Advertisement

its on other boards because its sweeping the country. people are getting word of this and theyre cashing in. im just trying to let this board know that the offer is out there. thats all chalk.

why is there so much continual hostility at this board?!
    Fabritzo wrote:
    He's implying you're not aloud sell stuff here unless you've been approved by a mod or something, he's also implying, feck off.

first of all, you are terrible and ignorantly misinformed. i am not selling anything. second of all, i will not "feck off". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone actually get one?

Looks interesting.......

axel please look at my second post on the first page of this thead. there are legions of people who have gotten ipods, and the proof is there. even down to the ecost.com order summary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oh right you've to be in the US...:(

are there any US members here, or is it very few?

lmao

ebay works by auctioning people auctioning things, right?
    you sign up , you auction an item, right?
    when auctioning an item, you generally put a reserve on this item, right?
    this prevents the item being sold at a price lower than your willing to sell it for, right?

now these scams have been going on for a while whereby they advertise an unfeasibly low priced item on ebay, and when you atteempt to bid you are advise to follow a link to a site rather thatn bid
    In most cases, eBay shoppers are offered hot products like an iPod, a game console or a cell phone at an incredible discount, say for $40 or $25.

The eager bargain hunter is told not to bid on the item, but is directed instead to sites like My3Mobile, The Phone Matrix or Goraks.com, which offer iPods or cell phones as free gifts when products like CDs or eBooks are purchased

now obvioulsy these people need to get people to follow ther links, the more people clicking the more chance of a bite, so they run things like this to get more people bidding on ridiculous low price items.

basically this is a complex way of getting people to bid for items on ebay that are links to furhter scams.

anyway join sign up at your lesiure....and enjoy your free ipods

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Feb/gee20040212023837.htm
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,62226,00.html

edit // just some links, not exactly the same, but a similar pretence none thel ess

you fool. you only have to bid on an item in order to fulfill the offer. perhaps i didnt explain it well enough. u can find an auction like an ipod, bid $1, get credit for the bid, and your offer is complete. this is not a way to scam people to bid on fake auctions. if that was true, why would i have done it? i am no idiot. chalk, before you come here, smearing beef across my thread, why dont you take a look at the proof. check out the links on the first page towards the bottom. sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its a pyramid scheme cunningly disguised as a "matrix".

bolloxology.

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote:
    Its a pyramid scheme cunningly disguised as a "matrix".

bolloxology.

let me guess, u didnt look at the links i posted on the first page as proof. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement