Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush's new 30th Anniversary 60's tribute album - DOC J??

Options
  • 30-07-2004 5:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hey folks
    ... Doc.J.,,,have you seen/heard this?..I think it would be right up your ally...8 tracks by artists the boys found to be part of their influences as weee teenagers!...damm good stuff,,,very strong, and it fairly ripps along,,,it's called: FEEDBACK, we in the band are thinking of doing a couple of RUSH versions of these songs, "The Seeker" by The Who sounds super,,so we may well do that,,,and "Summertime Blues" by Eddie Cochraine gets the full Rush treatment in an outragious over the top ending...ahhh tiz nice to hear such things...so We'll deffinately have a crack at that too...
    Check it out Doc.....

ciao' amigos...Baggio..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, got it a few weeks ago. 'Crossroads' in particular and 'Mr Soul' too are well on.

I'm surprised, given Alex's current sticky situation, that they didn't do 'Fulsom Prison Blues'' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Baggio, did you manage to get your hands on a ticket for September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Ancient one,,,yes indeed I did,,can't wait,,,will see them at wembley arena 8th september,,trying to get my guitar pal to go see them when their in the UK too,,,but he hasn't decided to go yet!!...can't undertsnad why...it's once in a decade a band like this comes close to being over here,,,cheap flight cheap overnight and see the best 3 musicians in the business with the most dazzling show around,,,who'd want to miss that??..crazy!!
    By the way a pal of mine sent me the entire recording of the first night of this tour!!...sounds really terrific I won't spoil it by telling you whats - what...but it has everything,,,and the sound is terrific.Keep rocking amigo...

ciao'..Baggio...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I wish i could go... :(

I dont know if tickets are still on sale, but:

a) i'm starting a new job in September, i dont think i can take time off straight away.
    b) the UK is the only EU country for which i need an entry-visa. Bastards.

In the meantime i'll keep watching Rio and dreaming.... :)

Advertisement