Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends ..romans...and FOAF's....

Options
  • 30-07-2004 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

couldn't agree more Mercie, tis nobody's beewax but mine who's on me listie!
    I don't understand the layout of it anyways, what's the story with the list on the right and even the one on the left is not correct! :confused::confused::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Does Merc have no friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd say he deleted everyone but bug in protest :p

of course he does!

*me waves at Mercie*

money in the usual bank a/c honey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks for pointing that out MT - I meant to declare a change of policy.

Buddy lists are now public - if you're not happy, it is best to empty your buddy list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe in future there'll be a hack that allows users to keep their buddy list private except for their buddies.

I don't see the issue tbh, but I can see how some wouldn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll have to use something other than my buddy list for stalking people in future :( ( :p ).

I've noticed users that I've never heard of linking to me strangely enough (no it's not bubbles, dev1 or Jade :p ). Am sort of flattered. I'll just assume they're all people who want to sleep with me :D

Stark wrote:
    I'll just assume they're all people who want to sleep with me :D

desperation if ever I heard it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My buddy list was more than just a list of buddies... it was a list of general contacts - of people whom I wanted to know if they were online. Because of it now being public, I've chopped out roughly 2/3 of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No one loves me..yay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Doe FOAF actually work for anyone?
    For me, in IE6 it just gives me a blank page, while in Mozilla FireFox he give some XML code containing the usernames of people in the person's buddy list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is the same for everyone. Some sort of a bug. Buddy lists should not be public. We should be able to share them privately, putting friends in contact with each other, but they should not be public. Maybe this can be pointed out to the VBulletin people and it can be made optional. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Advertisement