Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership winners

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Smemmon Arsenal have improved they're squad .

its not like Kanu , Parlour , Keown and Wiltord were world beater now was it ?

A new first choice keaper , more competition in centre midfield(Flamini , he looks a great buy) Van Persie (talented winger , could push Pires for his place , maybe forcing him to play better . Also in a way it pushing Ljunberg for his place because Pires can play on the right) .A second season for reys and he is definetly has gotten settled in better . (if he can start playing like the way he used for Sevilla , then he can cut any team in thw world to pieces) .
    Aliadiere still learning but a better striking option than Wiltord or Kanu .
    Clichy had a great season last season and Ashley cole better play well if he wants his place in the team .
    Toure , I dont think I have to say anything for him , his performances last season do that themselves .

Lupoli I dont know anything about , but is a talented youngster , but at 17 wont make much an impact this season .

well ive gone through new players , and a couple that have only made themselves part of the first team in the last year .

quality over quantity , and the quantity is there anyway . (most of the players gone were from the youth team)

Vieira would be a huge loss , but im sure Arsene Wenger has got something in mind if Vieira does go .

god people would nearly think im an Arsenal supporter the way I talk about them . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ok, lets look at chelsea's new signings!

drogba: 1st of all will be competition for mutu, kezman, gudjohnson. french footballer of the year last season, 29 goals in all comps last year. powerful, pacey, good in the air, good all round striker with european experience.

carvalho: unstoppable in the air, pushes forward when he can, championsleague winner, european cup winner.....bags of experience, on a high after euro '04 and being selected in the all-star side.

robben: tbh not as great as i thought, wasnt impressed by euro '04. comes with alot of expectation and only 20. wont keep out duff but aint a bad replacement.

kezman: 105 goals in 122 games for psv, once scoring 35goals in 33games over a season. enough said.

cech: at only 22, already an established international. very promising keeper, will give cuidicini a run for his money.

now id much rather those guys than flamini, van persie, aliadiare and lupoli etc...

look at the sheer strength of those buys, on form they'll destroy arsenal, the same arsenal as last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

having the best team dosent guarentee you the title .

Kezman and Cech are very good singings .

Robben is **** and a diver .

Carvalho is a very good defender but im worried will he settle in the Premier league .

I dont think that much of Drogba .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

PHB wrote:
    Why don't I have the same respect for the Arsenal youngsters compared to other teams?
    Because they can only develop so far in the reserves, and they don't ever get given a chance.
    The Arsenal youngsters p!ss all over the other teams at their level. The U19 team finished something like 13/14 points clear in their league last season.

Wenger integrates young players into the first team when the need arises without any difficulty : Clichy and Toure are just two examples in the last season alone.

Advertisement