Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think i'm going crazy...

• 30-07-2004 10:00am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok is it just me, or does anybody else see some sort of subliminal message flash while viewing posts.

Its like a really large sized word flashing in the blank part of peoples post.

I have seen it twice now, i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lan

It's just an animated GIF in DMT's sig

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=11893

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

someone has a gif in their sig that flashes up "ghey" or something to that effect every few seconds. cant think of who it is offhand.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

all right then, thanks people for the info

doesn't mean i'm not crazy tho'

/me looks in the mirror and starts quoting De Niro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Yeah, I've noticed that and it's been driving me crazy too. I thought animated sigs were not allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Pop-ups in your sig?
    That deserves a banning.

• Advertisement

do you know what a pop-up is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

As said, it is DMT's sig.
    The issue has been brought up before, but the general consensis was meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I've found myself buying Pepsi cola recently and I don't know why. I blame on DMT's sig.

do you know what a pop-up is?

I do indeed.
    Now we could get into the semantics of the phrase or you could just assume I meant what you know I meant. Okay?

Sleipnir wrote:
    I do indeed.
    Now we could get into the semantics of the phrase or you could just assume I meant what you know I meant. Okay?

your getting pretty snotty there considering all i did was ask if you knew the difference, between a pop-up and an animated gif. If your gonna call for someone to be banned you could at least know what your accusing him of.

calm down. Okay? (see i bet you dont like the condescending attitude either)

• Advertisement

your getting pretty snotty there considering all i did was ask if you knew the difference, between a pop-up and an animated gif. If your gonna call for someone to be banned you could at least know what your accusing him of.

calm down. Okay? (see i bet you dont like the condescending attitude either)

Sorry. It's Friday and I'm very tired and cranky.
    If someone has an animated gif which 'pops' things up on my screen every now and then and it annoys me then it shouldn't be there IMO.

No probs. ive probly had too much coffee and am like that kid in south park atm. no offense intended/taken.

I actually agree with ya tho, it is slightly annoying when you catch it out of the corner of your eye and dont know what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its madness I tells ya!

The Offending image, look closely now
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    ghey-sig.gif
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I SAW IT!!! I SAW IT!!!

now delly must kill.....the message told me to

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

animated sig's are a no no afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You've done grand Ralphie, now you know
    what you have to do...burn the house down...BURN THEM ALL!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Don't worry, you are as sane as the rest of us, not that that is much consolation! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I couldnt see it in the cloud skin but when I changed over to the white one I could see the message "you're ghey"

Thought Animated sigs were a no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

I know nothing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Are you from Barcelona? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Flukey wrote:

no he's from Cataluna .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Flukey wrote:
    andysbongos.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

'I know nothing - I'm from Barcelona'

Fawlty Towers. Not an obscure reference at all...now as for those cards :rolleyes:

Advertisement