Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting values of HTML elements in Coldfusion

Options
  • 30-07-2004 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm using coldfusion for our work site, and really getting to like it. I'm setting up a system for the front page that shows users the last 3 links they've clicked, so they can easily go back to where they were when they last visited.

Most of the pages are completely written, so what I want is to literally paste a chunk of coldfusion into each page that sets a new cookie for that page, but I also want to include the title of the page, so that each link is meaningful, instead of a just a URL.

So is there any way of extracting the value from a page element, similar to javascript's - document.title?

Or, is there a way of evaluating javascript code within the <cfset> tag, i.e. <cfset page_title="javascript: 'return document.title'">?

Cheers

Advertisement