Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Sky Footy on a Saturday night

• 30-07-2004 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

From skysports.com.
    GAME OF THE DAY: On-air at 8.30pm with the full 90 minutes of a match selected from the day's 3pm kick-offs. The decision on the Game of the Day will be made after 5pm on Saturday.

· MATCH CHOICE: At 10.15 pm, a choice from extended highlights of every game played that day. Sky digital viewers will be offered a menu of up to eight Premiership games; they can choose to watch their own team or any other featured. Highlights of all games will run for about 50 minutes each.

At last some decent coverage of Saturdays games on TV with a full match to boot.
    :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

BrookieD wrote:
    From skysports.com.

At last some decent coverage of Saturdays games on TV with a full match to boot.
    :D:D:D

The BBC must be thrilled after forking out for Match of the Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

There will be fun and games in the pub on Saturday nights! Imagine the fights over which highlights game to watch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anything on wat the BBC are going to be showing or is it going to be running on the same basis as the old Match of the day???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Anything on wat the BBC are going to be showing or is it going to be running on the same basis as the old Match of the day???

Saw this on the beeb's site:
    Match of the Day celebrates its 40th year with a return to Saturday nights.

Gary Lineker presents comprehensive highlights and analysis of the English Premiership, with regular guests including Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson and Peter Schmeichel.

For the first time, Match of the Day is sending a commentator to every match, and will include highlights of every game - not just the goals.

As well as the Premiership, Match of the Day will also have live coverage of all England home World Cup qualifiers, England friendlies, plus three live FA Cup games per round from the third round onwards.

Match of the Day will be screened live at 2230 BST every Saturday on BBC One from 14 August.

Adrian Chiles presents Match of the Day 2, a new programme for Sunday evenings on BBC Two at 2200 BST.

As well as comprehensive highlights from Sunday's games, Match of the Day 2 will wrap up all the weekend's Premiership games, taking in all the incidents, talking points and controversy.

Joining Adrian will be a range of pundits from the world of football, including the likes of Gordon Strachan and Tony Adams, with analysis of the weekend's action

Presented by Ray Stubbs, Final Score returns on 7 August.

And from September, Ray presents Score Interactive, a new live scores and results service on BBCi - available to all digital television viewers.

Score i will run throughout the afternoon on BBCi, returning to BBC One for half-time scores and Final Score at 1630 BST, and then continuing on BBCi until 1800 BST for further analysis of the results.

Ray will be joined by guests including Gary Pallister and Gavin Peacock.

Digital viewers can access Score Interactive by pressing the red button on their remote control on any BBC channel and selecting Score i.

Football Focus returns to BBC One for the new football season on Saturday 7 August, 1210 BST on BBC One.

Hosted by new presenter Manish Bhasin, with guests including Mark Lawrenson and Gordon Strachan, Football Focus previews the weekend's games across the English and Scottish leagues.

As well as the usual news, features and analysis, viewers can look forward to regular new features including 'Cult Heroes', a search for the nation's favourite football icons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I read about this program about a month ago. Pity about the time of the highlights show though, I'll only be watching it if stuck for cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sure RTE and Setanta will be showing live games, so watching delayed coverage isn't going to be all that much of a novelty. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shamrok wrote:
    Saw this on the beeb's site:

Adrian Chiles presents Match of the Day 2, a new programme for Sunday evenings on BBC Two at 2200 BST.

Lots of West Brom games then! :)

Mike.

Bateman wrote:
    Sure RTE and Setanta will be showing live games, so watching delayed coverage isn't going to be all that much of a novelty. :rolleyes:
    You will be able to watch 50mins highlights from any of the matches played that day by pressing the red button and choosing your preferred match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This is taking soccer viewing to a new level , who knows maybe one day we'll be able to watch a match of our choosing from any Premiership ground .(with some decent commentators)

Although that would defeat the purpose of Premiership +

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I look forward to the return of MotD. Especially the Interactive feature on Sky. BBC usually know how to do good interactive features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Who wants to watch 50 minute highlights of a match ?
    Not me.
    20 minutes highlights is plenty .

Not me.
    20 minutes highlights is plenty .
    I could easily watch the full 90 minutes delayed coverage of a match I have any interest in. Whatever match has the most Irish is the match I'll be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Not me. 20 minutes highlights is plenty .

Well, it's about having the choice isn't it? If you're happy with 20 minute highlights MOTD is back. But occasionally, you might want to see more of a match and now you can. More footie can't be a bad thing ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

itll be nice to get a bit more from sky sports sick of cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have to admit MoTD and even the much-hated (or maybe just by me) RTE "Premiership" do it for me. No need for 50 minutes of ANY Premiership game on a Saturday evening, and that's coming from someone who doesn't have a particularly exciting Saturday evening/night schedule.

Advertisement