Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Years In Charge and limit

• 30-07-2004 11:58am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Tell me is there a break off point when you retire or anything like that in CM4
    It is 2048 and I have been in charge of Real Madrid since 2003. I am 78 years old (in the game ;) ) and was wondering if anyone has been retired or died or anything or do you go on and on.

Gluck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Have to ask how u have managed to stay playin for 45 years, let alone with one club?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I enjoy my CM!! ;)
    Have been playing it since the very first version so my addiciton level is as high as u can get. The actual game has been running since Oct 2003 but I have lucky with the players who I have found, that is what i do mainly is get young players by scouting and then turning them into 20 million players. Also with about 500 million 2 spend on players I can buy when I need to.
    The goal is to win the league unbeaten and to make a clean sweep of every trophy in one season, i have won euro, league, spanish and super in one season but have not won a complete sweep.
    Also I want to beat my 38 match unbeaten record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

yop wrote:
    The goal is to win the league unbeaten and to make a clean sweep of every trophy in one season, i have won euro, league, spanish and super in one season but have not won a complete sweep.
    Also I want to beat my 38 match unbeaten record

I did all of that and sold two players for 38M and got about 140M transfer budget the year after. I won all but 2 games and they were draws now I want to do that except without the draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

I did that clean sweep thing and the unbeaten in a season thing. Quite cool but doesn't it get boring when you just keep winning? I have to keep changing teams if I become too dominant in any league. I can't believe you've been at madrid that long!

I have wondered what happens if you keep playing 'forever' though. Reply back here once you die in the game or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irishgael

It won't happen.....

It keeps goin and goin and goin.........

• Advertisement

Why....How far are you into the game? That's a pity if it does keep going on and on.

.....maybe the producers anticipated that science will produce a wonder-drug that will make humans immortal in real-life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

or maybe the producers anticipated that NO ONE could possibly play the game that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I thought i remember reading in the manual for one of the older versions that there was a 40yr limit. Either way i doubt it'll go on forever. They cant realisticly have a 150yr old manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I thought i was bad managing for 30 years! I managed middlesbrough and my goal was originally to break liverpools record of 18 top flight titles. 19 years later and i had my 19 titles. After that i just kept going. I actually felt kind of sad when my last two original players from my team (Robbie Stockdale and David Collins) retired. Saw some funny things along the way like Filipo Inzaghi playing until he was 45, sunderland playing in the conference, having Javier Saviola as my physio. When my favourite created player (a youth player) retired though, i called it a day. 30 years, 30 premier league titles. Managed a few international teams during that time also but it just got boring after that long.

One thing i noticed though, the longer you were in the job, the less happy the board were. When i finally jacked it in after yet another quadruple (league, cup, cup, CL) the board were unhappy with me.

Inzaghi until he's 45??? That's good but there's some south american player in my game playing for a south american club still and he is 51. Is that possible...or is my game screwed?

• Advertisement

Well my game must be screwed then, 01/02, can never top 10 or 15 seasons before it crashes. i have everything down to having a seperate save for the start of the season, so if it crashes mid season to start again.

this is with loads of diferent installs on 3 dif pc's over the past 2 yrs.

best i ever did was 17 seasons with millwall. ronadlinho at 34 winning world player of the year. and robbie fowler scoring a **** load season after season.

When exactly does it crash? Whenever I played CM it always crashed whenever a transfer was about to go through. Like, you confirm the deal and expect the player there the the next day but on that next day it crashes. And I've proved this because I've restarted a few times and let it crash again - then once I cancelled the transfer deal and the game continued fine after that.

diferent times, a few times when they year was changing, eg dec 05 to jan 06.

this last one i saved it turned off the pc came back the next day and it just wouldnt load. if i looked at the info option in load game it just siad no info.

its not a biggy, but the millwall one peeved me off big time, had built a savage young time bar one or 2. my days of big spending where long gone, but confident with the knowledge i had 180mil in the bank having not bought a big players in years. was just sitting back for the finaly few season of my career set up to win all with a massive squad of the worlds best home grown. then its just all came to screeching painful halt.

lucky i dont take this game tooooo serious or i might have gotten a bit to upset lol :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well lads I am still going!!! Now 85 years old, and still doing sprints!!
    I will let you know what happens, I think I will quit it at 100 years old, but we will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

You went 7 years(game time) in just over a month ? :eek: .

Id say all id do is about a year(game time) in a month , and that is during the holidays .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Depends on how much time you put into it i suppose. Although that is my main gripe about CM4 / 03-04 - it takes so long! You used to be able to play a season in a couple of hours on 97/98 then cm 3 took about half a day to do a season. Now it takes a full day or more to do a season (as in doing nothing else other than playing).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If i've got nothing to do I find I'll get through a year in game time in about a day.

Umm, I know, to I am adicted alright!! ;)
    I play most days for an hour r 2 r maybe 3 depends, all builds up fairly fast.
    Have been away from CM for about 2 weeks, tyin the knot and all that! That will prob end my CM!! :o

Advertisement