Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny's disappearing women

• 30-07-2004 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I heard a rumour that immigrant women have been disappearing in Kilkenny in large numbers in the last few months. Is this true? What are the rumours about it locally - is it assumed that a serial killer is on the prowl, or that the women are finding other places to live, or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I think we would have heard about it by now. Obviously the recent murder in the area is spawning all sorts of rumours.

Having said that quite a number of womwn have disappeared without trace in the south east over the past few years and this has been widely reported in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I haven't heard anything about disappearing immigrants, and I live in Kilkenny myself. Got a link or anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I haven't heard anything either. What's this recent murder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The murder is the poor girl whose headless body was discovered; she turns out to be the daughter of the Chief Justice of Malawi, according to a report in this morning's Irish Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

luckat wrote:
    The murder is the poor girl whose headless body was discovered; she turns out to be the daughter of the Chief Justice of Malawi, according to a report in this morning's Irish Times.

Apparently she was a prostitute.

John

• Advertisement

Really? So the suggestion is:

a) She was murdered in the course of her work, so that's all right, so

b) She was forced into prostitution by traffickers and was killed when trying to escape

c) or what?

Oh, and where I heard the rumour about lots of immigrant women disappearing in Kilkenny - I think it was a remark someone made on Newstalk as I was driving the other day.

Advertisement