Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems since changeover

Options
  • 30-07-2004 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else experienced the following:

Click " New Posts" on main screen brings me to search then I have to hit "new posts" there to see results

Link from email, Outlook Express 6, launches blank web page

Unable to change number of days posts to view. Well I can change it but on refresh it always goes back to 2 days.

Do I need to make changes to my set up or are these general issues which will clear up over the next few days?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

I've seen the "can't change preferences" one,
    though with "theme" rather than "number of days posts to view".

In general though, pages are taking so much longer to display
    than they used to that I think I may need a new computer
    just to continue reading boards! Anyone else finding that?

There was a theme installed with vBulletin 2.x which was very lightweight
    and displayed almost straightaway. Maybe finding such a lightweight would
    sort this out - but the preference would have to stay preferred too. :-)

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hagar wrote:
    Has anybody else experienced the following:

Click " New Posts" on main screen brings me to search then I have to hit "new posts" there to see results

Fixed. The other options should be in your User CP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

everytime i close the browser and then come back to the site i have to log in again, whats with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

The drop down banners (ie sci, shop, soc etc) menus are dropping down behind the Philishve add box which means I can't click 'em. Or is the interweb telling me to shave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nuttzz wrote:
    everytime i close the browser and then come back to the site i have to log in again, whats with that?
    For the getting-logged-out problem, you should try clearing your browsers cookies. VB3 uses cookies somewhat differently to it's predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah I think I see what the problem is. When you log in the normal VB3 way, there's a check box saying "Remember me?". When you log in from the main page you're not providing a value for this so it must be defaulting to false.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Where do I go to change my tag under my avatar? Can't find it by going through the dropdowns, didn't their used to be a subscribers section for doing this?

Also when you're in your usercp, is there any way of showing who your online buddies are? Or is there a seperate section showing which of your buddies are online? I can only seem to find the 'edit buddy/ignore list' page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Nice one cloud for the fast response,
    I can see again now with some of the pics turned off,
    and it's remembering preferences.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Also when you're in your usercp, is there any way of showing who your online buddies are? Or is there a seperate section showing which of your buddies are online? I can only seem to find the 'edit buddy/ignore list' page.

Quick Links Menu -> Open Buddy List

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lafortezza wrote:
    Where do I go to change my tag under my avatar? Can't find it by going through the dropdowns, didn't their used to be a subscribers section for doing this?

dunno about the buddies thing but the subscriber area is being completely revamped in line with VB3's own subscriber system which will allow things like Custom Avatars (*gasp*) and tagline alterations. These will all come online soon. Please hold while we connect you to our next available... oh, he's buggered off. Oops.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As mentioned by DMT - the search function only works for any post-vb3 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

A list of very minor "issues" I've found so far:

There's now a 500 character limit on sigs which means I can't edit mine (most of the characters are urls). I could make it smaller I suspose but in terms of bandwith size my sig isn't that big. We've been through a lot, me and my sig, and I'd hate to have to slaughter it.

The censor is back on journals.

Subcribed Journals used to have a (static I think) link to the general journal area, now it doesn't.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sig Max Length increased to 1000.

Ecksor hacked the censor out of the journals so hopefully he'll do that again.

Cloud mucked with the menu and I noticed that the link to the general journals area is gone too. I'm sure he'll put it back in (though he's away for a week now).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmmm, perhaps I'm just being blind or stupid.. or both but I cant see any thread options for the literature / webmaster / or roleplaying boards (which I mod).

This has unfortunately left YOUSSEFF banned from webmaster....

am I just not seeing them or have they been moved since the update?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Do you see 'Thread tools' just over the first post on each thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

DeVore wrote:
    Cloud mucked with the menu and I noticed that the link to the general journals area is gone too. I'm sure he'll put it back in (though he's away for a week now).

Bring a whole new meaning to "hit and run" ;)

Advertisement