Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding a Linksys switch

Options
  • 30-07-2004 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Dunno if this should be here or Net/Comms

Got a Linksys 8port switch: http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=35&scid=42&prid=529

The fan noise is WRECKIN MY HEAD

I'd like to replace the fan in it but it isint obvious how the casing is put together. Anyone know or seen article on how I can get in and rip that bastard out?

Would prefer not to break it as I only got it 3 weeks ago

HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

This turned out to be easier then I thought.

The below voids warranty but so does chucking it againts the wall cause of the noise it makes.

The blue section pops off using a thin screwdriver on the seam where the void-if-broken label is. It clips in on the sides (see 1 and 2 below)

Push the top half back a 1/4 inch and it should release from the teeth on the base (3)

1 screw holds the board to the base. (4)
    Remove this to access the screws underneath holding the fan chassis in place.

I replaced with a 1/2 height 80mm fan I found in an old pc at the Navan Bring centre.

Replace screws and clip the casing back together.

It still works - woohoo

Advertisement