Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IrelandOffline Mailing List - Please Join

Options
  • 30-07-2004 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

You can subscribe to the IrelandOffline mailing list by following this link: http://lists.ie/mailman/listinfo/io-announce

We strongly ask everyone to join this list if you not already on it. We would also ask you to encourage anyone else you think may be interested to join this list too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Good call. I had missed it, so others probably have too.. Have joined.
    .cg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Is there a privacy statement anywhere which outlines the use to which the mailing addresses will be put ? I had a look on the IOFFL website and could not find one.

I would assume that the mailids would only be used for official IOFFL business, and not sold on, but it would be nice to see it in writing,

Thanks

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Not sure about the main website but it's definitely stated in the survey.

If its not explicit on the site we'll make it explicit :D

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

While this committee is in charge, the mailing list will only be used for official IrelandOffline newsletters. The addresses won't be transferred out of the organisation in any way, shape or form. The mailing list is on my server and under my control, so I can say this authoritatively.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've signed up for it to show my support, but I was wondering what can a mailing list provide that boards.ie can't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

tom dunne wrote:
    I've signed up for it to show my support, but I was wondering what can a mailing list provide that boards.ie can't?

Several things

By signing up for the mailing list you become a member of IOFFL
    You get loads of interesting mails telling you about current and future happenings

You get to vote!

You will receive untold riches and happiness, and for a small fee and details of your bank account..........only joking kiddies never pass on details of your bank accounts to anyone online, but the hapiness bit is true :D

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

...but the main thing is that it's a record of your membership, so we can say things like "we have over 2000 members now" (which is true!). It's important we can say that, because it demonstrates that we're not cowboys having a bit of fun, or astroturf artists representing business on the QT.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

tom dunne wrote:
    It can keep people who don't have time to read boards up to date with what's going on. And that includes people who can't use boards because they have a slow or unreliable dialup connection - they can still read e-mail, in many cases.

What it boils down to is that a mailing list is a "push" tool, whereas boards is a "pull" tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭flashcash5

Joined up there a while back good stuff, nice and informative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

done

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement