Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parallel port

Options
  • 30-07-2004 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

want to be able to control a parallel port on my computer with Apache webserver from anywhere in the world. Any ideas anyone? CGI perhaps?

Im looking for resources on CGI tunnelling i think.

Thanks every1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Didnt you ask this question just a couple of days ago? And got pointed at a Perl module that lets you control the parallel port? What more do you want!!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Yes you clever boy. But I dont think that link was suitable after reading it. Its ok anyway I think I may have cracked it with CGI/C++. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ieee1284java/

About:
    ieee1284java is a Java library for accessing the parallel port using the libieee1284 C library and the Java Native Interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Thanks for link :D

Advertisement