Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Format

Options
  • 30-07-2004 5:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

After the initial shock and depression I have been using the new system and am warming up to it quite nicely.

I actually kinda like it better now that I am using it more...

2 questions though...
    for the moderators will it not say what boards we moderate under out nick or in the forums any more?

and 2, why do some people have a little icon for reporting a bad post and some people dont?

thanks!

Nice job :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

1. Yes, I would expect that that will come back (though personally I dont like it as it makes people think that, for example, the mod of Motors has some form of power in After Hours etc). It will get added in as the weeks go by I expect.

2. I dont know. Havent noticed anyone who doesnt so far. Will look out for it now then...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well I've found one... me! I dunno... maybe its because I'm an Admin?

Anyway, I'll keep looking :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

As far as I can see, the only person who doesn't have a report bad post icon is yourself, as in you're hardly going to report your own posts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well I dont seem to have one either, not sure if its cause I am a moderator or not....no little triangular icon for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

BEAT wrote:
    well I dont seem to have one either, not sure if its cause I am a moderator or not....no little triangular icon for me ;)
    Are you yourself? :)
    Read Exit's post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Exit wrote:
    As far as I can see, the only person who doesn't have a report bad post icon is yourself, as in you're hardly going to report your own posts.
    He speaks the truth. You can't report yourself, so no button to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeVore wrote:
    1. Yes, I would expect that that will come back (though personally I dont like it as it makes people think that, for example, the mod of Motors has some form of power in After Hours etc). It will get added in as the weeks go by I expect.
    Would be better, however even before the changeover there were still many calls of "he is a moderator, he should be acting in a professional manner"*

*paraphrasing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

He speaks the truth. You can't report yourself, so no button to do so

ooo, so thats what that little red button is for...
    I cant resist pressing little red buttons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I still haven't warmed to the new look and the smilies look awful.

Advertisement