Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XIII PC Game

• 30-07-2004 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Was browsing through game today and they have some kind of sale on. I was just browsing and came accross XIII. Was interested in buying it a few months ago but never got around to it. Then i saw the price... €1.89. WHAAA?! A mistake i thought.. i asked one of the guys at the desk and he said it was infact on sale for €1.98. Impulse buy of course but ya can't go wrong for 2 euro, even if the game is crap. Not sure if this is a limited offer tho... and was in the square branch, not sure wether it's limited to that store or not. Buy it tho and check it out (aint installed it yet.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 hitachi_man

im going to assume this was probably a mismark, and wouldnt be surprised if it was only at that location. for future reference, when this occurs, dont ask the desk about it, because they should be obliged to sell it to you for what its marked. if u ask the manager about it, they might say it was a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I belive its a genuine offer. They have a decent enough sale on at the moment a fair few titles on all formats reduced. All sale prices are on yellow stickers and have an 8 at the end of the price 1.89, 9.98 for example.

perhaps im wrong then, and it is a real sale. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yup, trust me it is. I was skeptical at first but, i'm installing XIII right now. Makes a change from warez anyways, lol.

hehe i know what u mean achilles

• Advertisement

Amazing what u can buy with 2 quid nowadays... a crappy irish pc magazine (yet i always seem to buy it) and now good less than year old pc games. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Might be worthwhile checking any GAME store near you for bargains. I see that the game website had the Alien Quadroligy up for £14.98 but is out of stock now. Might be available in one of the stores though.

http://shop.game.net/SpecialOffer.aspx?scid=165

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

im going to assume this was probably a mismark, and wouldnt be surprised if it was only at that location. for future reference, when this occurs, dont ask the desk about it, because they should be obliged to sell it to you for what its marked. if u ask the manager about it, they might say it was a mistake.

in ireland, they dont have to give it to you for the price its marked! tis the law dont ye know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i got that oldie game Kingping for 1.98.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

because they should be obliged to sell it to you for what its marked.
    Under Irish law, they are not required to sell it to you - the mismarked price is only an "offer of sale" - no contract of sale has been entered into, so they can simply withdraw the item from sale and put up the price the next day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i think something about leaving cert business is coming back..... something about.. cooling off.. and invitation to treat... ah its gone.

I personally like cell shaded graphics. Besides as i said, ya can't go wrong for 2 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Went to three different games today and none of them had it. They reckon they'll have it in on tuesday again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I thought the game ruled when I first got it - the last guy is impossible to kill tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

DMT wrote:

ye think?

I like the cel shaded style of the game, and some of the outside levels look terrific. Good graphics in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The graphics arent gona look great when youre looking at stills. you really have to see themn moving. especially with cel shaded gtraphics.

a good example of this is the new metroid prime huntersfor ds or even metroid prime 2. i think the stills look crap but the videos of the game in flow look amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

evad_lhorg wrote:
    The graphics arent gona look great when youre looking at stills. you really have to see themn moving.
    Yeah, especially if you have anti-aliasing off (ewww).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

What GAME shop was this? and did they have any more?

• Advertisement

It was game in the square, tallaght. Not sure if they have anymore as i didn't see any yesterday, but i could be wrong. Still aint played the game yet, in my dad's on an emachines comp that just aint up to gaming at all, not to mention being stuck on a 56k when i have 1meg line at home (grrr). Anyways erm yea... ask around the other game stores and see what they say. It was an impulse buy really...

Advertisement