Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topsy-Turvey Inside-Outy Guide

Options
  • 30-07-2004 7:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

People seem to be having trouble adjusting to the new layout of certain items and pieces of information which have been jostled around.
    I just wanted to try and put all of this new info into some sort of FAQ shaped thing :) (any addition appreciated, naturally).
    • Forum moderators are no longer listed at the top of the page, you will find them listed in each forum at the bottom right hand corner of the page.

• There is now a "Quick Reply" feature at the bottom of each page, to use this simply click on the Pen & Paper logo at the bottom right hand corner of any post in that thread.

• A small, green square image is beside the word "Friends" in poster information, this, when you hover over it with you mouse reveals information on the poster's "Reputation"* explained below.

• Reputation or "Karma" is a system by which posters can give their opinion of a user's post, whether they happen to approve or disapprove. Points are added or taken away accordingly.
      You can only see the amount of points YOU have, the exact number of points other users have is not available to you. You can check where you've gotten Reputation/Karma from by checking the bottom of the main page of your User CP.

• A small sphere is placed at the base of the user information box (contains name, posts, location, etc). This indicates whether a user is online(green), offline(navy), or invisible(red).

• "Friends" lists those who are on your buddy list (Linked To), and those who have placed you on theirs (Linked From).

• If the time displayed by the forums is incorrect, ensure you have the correct options set in the "Date & Time Options" under "Edit Options" in your User CP Control Panel.

This is a basic list I threw together from the "Welcome to the 21st Century" thread, I can't give a decent explainantion of FOAF, so if anyone could it would be great :) .
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

People would do anything to get some Karma points :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I am using the quick reply box to test this.
    Hey I am TOTALLY confused by this complete unbelievable change here. I feel like I have just wandered onto the internet without having a clue how it works.

Can someone please explain the FOAF thing, there is another thread up here somewhere saying stuff about it but I don't understand it. heh. FOAF doesn't work for me but I'd love to know what it does.

hey I can even give some karma points to the answerer but they will have to tell me how to give them karma points. It's most likely the big button on the front of my computerator yeah?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've noticed one forum where a mod made a new sticky to inform people of who moderated the forum. That and the repeated "what the hell is that green button?" questions prompted this. I don't think the karma system is particularily useful boardswide, it would probably be better off limited to the FS forums if it were possible.

[Edited for spelling errors]

Advertisement