Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King Dark Tower

Options
  • 30-07-2004 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what people who are following this series think will happen in the last book. Who will die? Who will live?

Roll on September 21st! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

who knows? once it's good I don't care (and on past performance it should be excellent)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

*******Spoiler*********

Well either Roland or Eddie dies becasue of something that is said in book 6 when they are getting on to the motor boat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I bought the 'song of susannah' yesterday and i fully intend to start the series soon, but i just wanted to remark what a wonderful job that Hodder and Stoughton are doing with the books - the illustrations are excellent, the whole presentation of the book makes you want to read it alone.
    The 'wolves of Calla' was like this also, were the books before this like this?
    My 'Wizard and the Glass' is just a crappy book club copy and the rest i have on paperback. I'm now thinking that they would all look mighty nice on my bookshelves if i could get a complete set of hardbacks.
    Anyone got them, can you get them here. (I'm presuming the american dust cover will be different as usual.)

I'm aware i'm a sad git.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

gogo wrote:
    I bought the 'song of susannah' yesterday and i fully intend to start the series soon,

Don't tell me you started reading in the middle? That would be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

The Song of Susannah...???
    by jingo i seem to have been completely ignorant of its release! :eek:
    To the bookshop, post haste!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Scruff wrote:
    The Song of Susannah...???
    by jingo i seem to have been completely ignorant of its release! :eek:
    To the bookshop, post haste!!!!

Only got it myself the other day when I spotted it in Easons. Didn't think it was out yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

gogo wrote:
    ....I'm now thinking that they would all look mighty nice on my bookshelves if i could get a complete set of hardbacks.
    Anyone got them, can you get them here. (I'm presuming the american dust cover will be different as usual.)....

I haven't seen any of them in any of the book stores in town but I'm sure that Amazon will be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Don't tell me you started reading in the middle? That would be stupid.

The would be very stupid indeed Dr. Loon, and that is why I did not start the series in the middle.
    By series I meant the whole series(from the start) :confused: .
    I think I actually explained my self else where on this, there is a bit of a cross on this thread and on the stephen king fans thread.
    On the realease of songs of susannah, I too stumbled across it in my local book shop, they only had two copies and they seemed oblivious to the fact that it might be of any interest to anyone - the books were sitting atop the star trek books :rolleyes:

Advertisement