Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Session 2, 2004... oh god its over

Options
  • 30-07-2004 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Okay, why hasn't anyone posted a thread about Session 2 yet? I guess its up to me.
    Oh god, I miss everyone so much already. This sucks. How is it I forgot how hard it is to leave? I want my photos to be developed now, I wanna see all my friends. I'm going to miss you all muchly. The RAs too. I know there's a seperate thread for this but all the RAs were so great this year. Their total disreagard for the rules.. I mean, their inability to rememeber the rules very well just added to their wonderful personalities. Deirdre was amazing, Brona the sweetest RA ever. Dermo... well, there's nothing much I can say about him, cept: probably the best RA ever. And tall Irwin was cool. And Andrew and ... Crap I'm already having trouble thinking of people. Well I'll name them later.
    Art Design was fun this year: our TA Ulton rocked of course. The guys in my class kicked ass and were the nicest on the course andf the girls of course weren't half bad :D
    I dunno what else to say. I'm just rambling coz I don't want to admit its over and want to stay thinking about it for as long as I can. What favourite memories does everybody have? etc. etc. Also does anyone have all the words to that song Niall and Dermo made up? Like Dermo for instance? Post it up if you do? Or if its already posted, tell me where.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nialls posting Tabs and lyrics soon...at least he said he would.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

*hugs peter*

*in a nonsexual way*

yeah, i really didn't want to leave.. and when the americans were leaving on their bus and me and ali singing leaving on a jet plane... and everyone crying.... and last night with the singalong and oh me oh my i'm very very sad right now :( and i just want to be back there but sniffle sniffle i can't cuz it sucks and i'm moaning now i know but i don't care, it's not fair, i miss everyone already and it's just gonna get worse from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yeah, session 2 rocked.

Songwords: "everyone"...Dermo Delaney and Niall Kelly

Three weeks you wont forget
    The memories and the people
    The good and the bad, the happy and sad
    It lasted forever

Chorus:
    This is for those who cant see
    They will be remembered
    This is for those who wish
    For it not to end
    This is for those who will leave
    with lasting memories
    This is for everyone, for everyone

Time flies when youre having fun
    Thats what they always say
    Cherish every moment of every minute
    Of every day

Tradition plays a major part
    Remember the crappy canteen food
    Dont forget, lights out at half ten
    These all make it CTYI.

*sniffle sniffle* way to make us all cry, aoibheann

*sniffle sniffle* way to make us all cry, aoibheann

Sorry.
    No, really I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

Dang it, if I'd known the lyrics would be on here, I wouldn't have crippled my hand speed-writing in the canteen.

So yeah, this session was great. I'd like to thank Brian (WATERFORD!) and Andrea for helping to make International History a great course. I'd like to thank the RAs for basically being bloody brilliant, especially Andrew, my own. Well, he was great when he wasn't late for everything.

Also, thank you so much to the friends I have made at CTYI, every last one of you. Whether I shared dark secrets with you or merely exchanged greetings, you have all helped me in ways you can never imagine. I can never repay you for what you have done for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

omg i left the place 3 weeks ago and that made me almost cry. curse you dermo and niall, you should have had that ready for session 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow, I don't even know that song (I'mma session oner for those who don't know) and it's making me sad...

ah now, actually i have such a bad cold that i can't cry, so don't you worry. and the lyrics are lovely anyway

Sunstorm wrote:
    So yeah, this session was great. I'd like to thank Brian (WATERFORD!) and Andrea for helping to make International History a great course. I'd like to thank the RAs for basically being bloody brilliant, especially Andrew, my own. Well, he was great when he wasn't late for everything.

i did IR-who are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

everything was great about ctyi, i couldn't stop crying all last night and very early this morning. i'll never forget this year, it was so great. I miss everyone so much already. I'll write your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 briandarezmuter

reading all these has been one of the most depressing experiences i've ever had. im almost in tears again- especially after reading niall and dermo's song. oh the memories... missing you all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

On a more cheerful note,

STUDENTS BEAT RAs IN STUDENT vs RA GAMES!!!
    Unihoc : 11 - 5
    Basketball : 26- 20
    Football : 0 - 1 (and the RAs cheated in this one!!)

i did IR-who are you?

Sean Coughlan. Spikey/wavy hair, wore a lot of football jerseys, bit of a prude. Ring any bells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

reading all these has been one of the most depressing experiences i've ever had. im almost in tears again- especially after reading niall and dermo's song. oh the memories... missing you all

ditto, except i DID cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 StripedSkirt

I just think I was so lucky to have such a lovely last session, with a brilliant RA group and an equally brilliant class, an amazingly lovely RA (Deirdre) and the nicest TA I've ever met (Andrea).

I can't believe it's all over, but the amount of effort the RAs put in to making sure the last night was a memorable one was incredible and really touching. They all deserve major kudos.

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    On a more cheerful note,

STUDENTS BEAT RAs IN STUDENT vs RA GAMES!!!
    Unihoc : 11 - 5
    Basketball : 26- 20
    Football : 0 - 1 (and the RAs cheated in this one!!)

first time in 5 years! Oh yeahhhhhhhh!
    and football would've been 1-1 if it hadnt been for staff ref!

Caoimhe wrote:
    ditto, except i DID cry

once again, my face is too sore.

It was so upsetting. I'm gonna miss everyone so much. Oh well, theres always next year.

It was so upsetting. I'm gonna miss everyone so much. Oh well, theres always next year.

Not for me there isn't....

• Advertisement

Sunstorm wrote:
    Not for me there isn't....

aw thats ****e. oh well, theres always reunions.
    who are you anyway...........

Wait no, I just looked in whos who so I have found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Stripedskirt? who are you? Its Ali here from your class and RA group. Yeah Brian our instructor was amazing, Andrea ROCKED (as we all wrote in our evaluation forms!), and deirdre was so sweet... every night Una and I sang a song for her at lights out... Can't remember why! The whole session was amazing, I don't know what to do with myself now that I'm back in the real world. I slept a lot, and ate real food which was nice, but I get the feeling it'll get old after a while. Normality sucks...
    Miss you all already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

This is soo depressing! I can't believe we're all gone not even a day and are already in deep mourning. Even those who aren't nevermores (bitterness...), I'm struggling with the fact that I've to wash out my nevermore stripe at some point tonight!

I think in some ways this was the best session ever for me! It started really really sh**e and I was all depressed cos I didn't want my last year to suck ass but after Karlstock (woo Enthusiasm woo) everything seemed to perk up. And the showers blowing up. And Mickey Harte having fruit and veg thrown on him (so so glad I was there for that!).

Great year guys, keep the reminiscing going...

btw, this is orla - philosophy s2 04, art design s2 03, architecture s2 02. Played the cello in the talent show this year, and saved us all from the sportalians single-handedly (a little known fact!).

Dermo wrote the chorus of that song in everyones books and it did bring me close to tears, must be admitted, and so many other really really nice notes! i love CTY! i hate being a nevermore...

Ah the cello..... *snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Is "the_only_Ali" Ali from IR? Also, Aoibheann, are you related to Ali Brady?

J Campion wrote:
    Is "the_only_Ali" Ali from IR? Also, Aoibheann, are you related to Ali Brady?

not that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Raphael wrote:
    Ah the cello..... *snigger*

I'm hoping this is relating to something like the clarinet/cello, cos otherwise i feel like people are laughing at me. :confused:

"Rory thats a clarinet"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i can't cry anymore, wel no i can but ive gotta strop before i fill a swimming pool. session 2, by the end truelly rocked. so so so very much happened. and the ra's were brilliant, i can't actually pick a favourite. omg its all bloody over, im trying to save my notebook, but i read the ra messages and andrew tld me i looked like i was about to cry again, but i shouldn't cos i can come back, i can't come back. ah well anyway. i don't know what to write, writing for life was brill and so was odharnait my ra. "I never ever........."

just some of the stuff that rocked was, the students wining the ra student games. the prizes for the auction. the parties and so much else. the song, though i cried every time i heard it. the 3 weeks seem to last for so long in my head. i thought the canteen disco was actually pretty damn good. american pie for the last time and good ridance. so much happened, so many memories a bittersweet cocktail whne mixed with nevermore tears. though one of the ras suggested that that word be banned.

Advertisement