Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Session 2, 2004... oh god its over

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

J Campion wrote:
    Is "the_only_Ali" Ali from IR?
    No, I'm Alison Lee, International HISTORY Ali. History, dammit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Good God John, its Alison! Alison!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

yay for history ali!!!! it's relations ana here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭skanger666

*sniffs* I'm so lonely now that I'm "home". :( I wish I was back at CTYI. Oh and Peterfing... guess who! (hehehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Am I the first RA to reply to this thread? I guess we've all been busy with the sleeping and the impossible goodbyes yesterday, leaving was impossible. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you from Sessions 1 and 2 for making it the best 6 weeks ever, I had such an incredible time. And to quote Colm, we all miss the **** out of you guys now you're gone (note the "manly" expletive thrown in there to hide the fact that we're all completely at a loss for what to do now it's all over). Did everyone enjoy the singing in the quad? I thought it was magic.

Irwin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Aww Irwin...
    It's good to hear the RAs suffer withdrawel symptoms too. I for one thought the singing in the quad was a brilliant idea. It really depressed the crap out of me but all the same it was really nice and sentimental etc.
    I hope more RAs stay posting coz they all seem to have gone quiet cept for Brian.
    Why aren't more people posting? Get the word out to all the new CTYIers from this year that they have to register with Boards... Anyway. How's everyone feeling now, two days later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

Oh my god home life is boring and stupid. I miss the **** out of everyone too *flexes muscles and spits*. Does everyone else have a repeated urge to go buy a huge house somewhere and invite everyone from CTYI to stay there forever? Reunions just aren't enough! I don't WANT to adapt to home life! grr! *cries like baby and runs away flailing arms*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

several of us agreed (can't remember who exactly) that if we weren't amrried by 40, we'd go live in a big house with lots of cats. i now extend that invitation to everyone. well, everyone i like, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

HeyYou wrote:
    Am I the first RA to reply to this thread? I guess we've all been busy with the sleeping and the impossible goodbyes yesterday, leaving was impossible. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you from Sessions 1 and 2 for making it the best 6 weeks ever, I had such an incredible time. And to quote Colm, we all miss the **** out of you guys now you're gone (note the "manly" expletive thrown in there to hide the fact that we're all completely at a loss for what to do now it's all over). Did everyone enjoy the singing in the quad? I thought it was magic.

Irwin

I'm with Irwin on this. The six weeks were just spectacular, most of it due to you guys, although the RAs had their own goodbyes on saturday. I've spent the past day and a half looking through photos, with which something will done (see upcoming thread). It's just too quiet round my house. I get up at 8 every morning now and bang on the bedroom doors to get people up, but it's just not the same. August is just gonna suck. Missing you all. x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

man i hate withdrawl symptons. i went to the cinema today and one of the trailors was for "the terminal" and leaving on a jet plane is the song played during it. i started to sniffled and my sister shot me a look that said "i will kill you if you cry here" and then i heard bohemion rhapsody twice fully today (i cnt spell minor disclaimer) which is just plain mean. but at least it was a damn good last session. and to quote colm i miss the **** out of everyone aswell. (i can almost here the 'yeah!')

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jarge!!!

I miss the **** out of y'all as well (thinks about women and beer)...

You'd all better come to the reunion Saturday week... or else... these three dot things are fun...

Anyway...

bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

hihi emmett. Corky here. Ur Damien Rice song was good alright. And sum1 sed earlier that we havent won Ra games in few years but we won last year i think in session1. except they cheated in ultimate frsbie. But not to be a bitchin ass.HI evry1 who reads this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

peterfing guy wats up with that ford u becoming a penguin thing.
    Just checking cos my names FordEEEEE.sob i miss DCU so much. Life sux.And every1 only realises it when they go and come home after its all over. i wish i could go back there now.It shud never end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

To take a quote from bash.org

<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Raphael wrote:
    To take a quote from bash.org

<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

take a deep breath and count to 10. if that doesnt work you can stab him ok?

Hmm, need to figure out who he is in real life first...oh wait HE'S PUT THAT IN EVERY POST HE'S EVER MADE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

(in soothing tones) I know I know. Do you want a lollypop? Now sshhh and be a good little child.

ah no only joking. i agree with you, it is pretty damn irritating.

we get who you, mr other person, are already, so stop telling us, for the love of whatever. please stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

The fact that I'm listenin to street spirit at the moment isn't helping my mood... ah the memories of that dirty tomato-ketchup-covered canteen floor shall live on forever.

Yes Irwin, the singing in the quad... great idea but just too much! I got given out to by almost every RA the next day for the amount of crying I did. It was abominable I admit, but fully justified! And you and Niall playing High and Dry the morning after really got to me too. Singing those lyrics...

"Its the best thing that you've ever had,
    the best thing that you've ever, ever had.
    It's the best thing that you've ever had,
    The best thing that you've had has gone away."

Being a nevermore really really sucks.

It might be all over, but that doesn't mean it has to end. For instance, a certain pink pimp has taken to stalking me, and I suggest you all do the same.

*ahem* To each other, not to me. Obviously.

• Advertisement

Then what am i gonna do with the keys to your house and dog?

You've got the keys to my dog!? I've looking for those for aaages! :cool:

Well seing as I cant stalk you any more, when can i get them back to you?

Actually the dog died there a while back, so I don't need them anymore. Irony of ironies - killed by an exploding shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

*twitches* oh, the flashbacks, the flashbacks!! *twitches* *runs away*

course i wasn't actually any where nearby when my shower exploded, but seeing your Lynx shower gel melted and carmelised to the basin of the shower is enough to traumatise anyone

So who has photos of the melted shower?

*raises hand*

there are photos!? cool. I want them!

Dang, they're too big to attach - guess you're all gonna have to get a CD! :D

Give me five minutes, I'll get a link going.

• Advertisement

ya'know that whole CD idea is just shamless profiteering ....................course I'll buy one anyway but I wn't be happy about it

Advertisement