Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Session 2, 2004... oh god its over

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Why don't you start a petition? :p

Here's your photos, ungrateful little *mumbles*

http://iggypoo.brinkster.net/P7160011.JPG

http://iggypoo.brinkster.net/P7160010.JPG

And they're just the teasers - there's more on the CD. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

buffalo wrote:
    *ahem* To each other, not to me. Obviously.

Sure, Bish, sure. Like you really dont want us all stalking you. Yeah right........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chocolatemoose

i reli loved session 2 it was much better den last yr apart from the ras bein so strict but they were still great and 2 u peter i tink all the girls in art design r reli insulted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

i reli loved session 2 it was much better den last yr apart from the ras bein so strict but they were still great and 2 u peter i tink all the girls in art design r reli insulted! ;)
    i don't wanna sound like Aonghus, but it's not a text message, you don't have to save space and you aren't in a hurry to finish it. You should type out whole words and use punctuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Neo: that was a needless ad hom attack on Barry... I'm not a mod but just cool it, okay?

The rest of you, don't be sad because CTYI is finished just be happy because you experienced it... and Dermo is not the best anything ever, he is a cold heartless ****ehawk who left me crying with pain and laughter on the floor as Happy and Teapot (and you Corkie) put the boot in all those years ago when Dermo himself was a student. Remember children; Dermo is a bad, bad person.

I have no explanation to make, I am a bad, bad person :p

oh and bob you owe me money too

and as Irwin and Brian have already said, for the RA's it's been one of the most unbelievable and brilliant experiences ever. I will seriously miss it all, not just the general arsing about but the little things about all of my groups especially.

and I'm kinda sorry that the song wasn't ready for the end of session 1, but hopefully if you can ever grab niall and a guitar he will play it for you session 1 people

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

look, if people wish to write in text speak its not even half as annoying as people who write in "leet" or whatever the hell its called which i know aonghus has done and im sure others who give out about it have too. Lay off, if i want to talk and leave out vowels then i should be free to do so. Good day to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I ttlly agree wit oisin. Evry1 shd b allwd 2 spk wat eva way dey wnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

57|=|_| |\|008!!!

Seriously though, text talk was developed for use in a particular medium, that of text messages which have a limit of characters. There is, frankly, no reason to carry it into a different medium, that of the internet.

L33t sp34k was developed on the internet, afaik, as a way of avoiding government searches for non-legal activities. It lives on as a means through which more experienced internet users can display superiority. Petty but amusing
    look, if people wish to write in text speak its not even half as annoying as people who write in "leet" or whatever the hell its called which i know aonghus has done and im sure others who give out about it have too. Lay off, if i want to talk and leave out vowels then i should be free to do so. Good day to you all
    Look, if people wish to write in text speak, it's not even half as annoying as people who write in "leet" or whatever the hell it's called. I know Aonghus has done this and I'm sure others who give out about it have too. Lay off, if I want to talk and leave out vowels then I should be free to do so. Good day to you all

Grammar is your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

raphael wrote:
    Grammer is your friend

spelling helps too

• Advertisement

""Raphael wrote:
    57|=|_| |\|008!!!
    |_ {} |_ !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Raphael wrote:
    57|=|_| |\|008!!!

Seriously though, text talk was developed for use in a particular media, that of text messages which have a limit of characters.

As long as we're being sticklers, it's a particular medium. [/pedantry]

grammar and grammer are both accepted spellings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Raphael wrote:

*cough* NERDS *cough cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

Thank You!!!

*cough* NERDS *cough cough*
    Thank You, I'm quite proud of the fact

Raphael wrote:

Linkage on 'grammer', please. It's always seemed to me to be the most ironic incorrect spelling.

Ah. On closer examination it would appear to just be a very commen misspelling. My bad

*corrects errors*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Shut the f*ck up all of you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Maybe it's the fact that there is no need to use text speak. And it really is truely annoying to read.

And why exactly should we shut the fuck up?

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    a very commen misspelling.

bwahahahaha! (sorry Raph) bwahahahahahaha!

buffalo wrote:
    bwahahahaha! (sorry Raph) bwahahahahahaha!
    *mutters something that sounds vaguely like "You won't be laughing when you're dead"*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Because this is a thread about missing CTYI. Not being retarded computer nerds (no offense guys).

This is how we deal with the withdrawl symptoms. And for some of us it was CTYI that made us nerds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ok ok, acting like nerds I accept. But come on guys, this argument is just pathetic. Who actually cares? (except Aonghus, who seems extremely bothered.) So why can't we go back to being depressed about the end of CTYI in peace..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

So why can't we go back to being depressed about the end of CTYI in peace..............

CTYI will never end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I don't want to spend five minutes deciphering half a page of text speak only to discover that the gom didn't know what they were talking about in the first place. I'd rather know that within five seconds and not waste precious breathing time. It's annoying and should not be allowed outside of texting. In fact, it should be banned, along with leet and haxor and other irritating computer languages. And the next person I hear counting in binary! ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I don't want to spend five minutes deciphering half a page of text speak only to discover that the gom didn't know what they were talking about in the first place. I'd rather know that within five seconds and not waste precious breathing time. It's annoying and should not be allowed outside of texting. In fact, it should be banned, along with leet and haxor and other irritating computer languages. And the next person I hear counting in binary! ....
    I agree fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

.... And to bring it back to the point...
    I just wanna thank evryone who helped make Sess 2 what it was, sure it was slow starting, but it was so so good by the end that it made up for it. Once the newbies got used to our insanity. For me it was definately Karlstock that started the goodness, so thanks a million Ian and Dave for that, you guys rock, and from then till the last day at 4 o' clock (I just refused to leave, well, no, my brother didn't show up, but Holly and I ended up having 3 hours sitting by the Symbol to get to know all the RA's better, especially Gareth), this year rocked. I'd put in an Awwww yeyah, but I'm too shakey to do it right. I still haven't managed to sleep in my bed, I keep falling asleep on the couch. It just doesn't feel right. The last night ws fantastic, just right. Thanks for it.
    *puts on my silver shoes* *clicks heels 3 times* "i wanna go home" ... Damn, didn't work.
    Love you all...

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    This is how we deal with the withdrawl symptoms.

I don't have any withdrawal symptoms, I'm just normally pedantic with people's English usage when they have, after all, scored quite highly on an American college-entry examination incorporating the English language.

Heh... commen

Advertisement