Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking 6800GT

Options
  • 30-07-2004 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

P4C 2.4ghz 1024 pc3200 Ram 6800gt
    Im getting 9500 on 3dmark03, nost other peoples scores are around 11000, i had a 9800pro before but i erased all traces of it using driver cleaner. Anything else that could be wrong?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Strange :( I suggest you OC though because you should easily hit Ultra frequencies and then maybe that could fix those "poor" scores ;) Remember that these Gfx cards are being held back by CPUs - which are often not fast enough to really let them shine. Try an OC on your pentium if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

ive already clocked to ultra speed,with stock speed im getting 8500 :(
    its a dell, so i cant overclock the cpu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

did those "other people" have Athlon 64's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The GT should get around 8k-9k in 3dmk03,the ultra should get 11k-13k depending on cpu of course...your score looks ok to me with that cpu.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Some of the benchmarks I've seen were carried out with Athlons FX-51s can get 10k or thereabouts so I'd say your CPU is just not up to it - Dell :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Also L5,make sure AA and AF are not on by default in the cards properties,like the pic below....i set mine to off and then set certain games to differant AA and AF levels.

img3.jpg

:D
    CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Shiny wrote:
    did those "other people" have Athlon 64's ?

no, a lot had p2.4 or athlon 2700+

Advertisement