Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14th August Noon - Stephens Green - Reunion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I reckoned this doesn't need a new thread, 'cause we already have on about reunions, so um.. just need to find out something. Some people seem to think there is a reunion on the 21st. I hadn't heard much about that, and I think because there's one on the 14th, having one a week later might be a bit inconvenient for people who are coming up from the country or whatever, so the 28th would be better.. but, what does anyone know about this one on the 21st?

Ahh the complications!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There tends to be reunions most saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bolagusha

Come on now all you people lucky enough to be from the Cork area. Doesn't a Cork reunion on August 21st make sense???? :rolleyes:
    Everyone'd be free from Dublin reunions that weekend so we could show em all how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

But so many of my friends wont be able to go on the 14th! plus the 15th will be a year since the last day of s2 2003... quite symbollic... but whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Dammit people stop complaining! The first reunion IS on Saturday, 14th of August 04. That should be promoted for the coming week or so. After that we have fun talking about the next HUGE reunion which shall be on Saturday 28th of August 04. If we leave out the 28th reunion for the moment, and concentrate on the 14th there'll be loads of people there, and afterwards people will remember exactly how much they want to meet up again and there shall be much rejoicing when the 28th comes along! No splitting of attendance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

DON'T make the cork reunion on the 21st. numerous (and when i say numerous, i mean kate) cork people (and when i say people, i mean possibly) may not be in cork on the 21st. also i won't be able to go to cork. and obviously, the cork reunion was created solely for my enjoyment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

Alrite,

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Cork reunion and I for one would really like one to be pulled off.Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we should pull it off?I reckon a weekday mite be good, because the train might be cheaper (it's something like €27 for U16 and €56 for over 16) and it's the summer, so people might not have as many commitments.How about Monday 23rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

yep im always up for a Cork reunion.I live in Cork so its good for me. Ill probably be able to go netime. Ill probably go on 23rd if its on! Just hive times and dates and location and people will follow u like sheep.

CORK REUNION MONDAY 23 AUGUST 12PM SOMEWHERE IN CORK

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bolagusha

Any chance it could be later on 23rd-like 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Too many people from Cork for there not to be a reunion. Any chance there are cheaper ways of getting there tho? €27's a bit steep... altho i do love the Cork accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hah - 27 euro is cheap - paid in total 105 euro to get to and from cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What about everyone meets in the train station? Or all the Dubs get the train from Heuston together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Bolagusha wrote:
    Any chance it could be later on 23rd-like 3pm

Its not like its gonna be over at 3, people will still be there.

If it goes ahead the drill will be any dubs wanting to go meet in Heuston in the morning for a train down together - any newcomers welcome along the line.Also, any people not on the Dublin line can see if anyone is going down on their train.Then we meet the Cork people in a simple venue in Cork (the train station would be ideal) and people meet up in the train station again for the last train home - normally leaves Cork at 6/7ish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

crash_000 wrote:
    hah - 27 euro is cheap - paid in total 105 euro to get to and from cork.

Heehee I heard that story, I bumped into Grace on the bus home one day! You poor darlings, it musta been quite traumatic... I also hear you're great sailors?
    I can't go to the Cork reunion because its my birthday and I will be otherwise engaged (I'm going to be 18! Yay!) I shall do my best to turn up to those reunions, if I know that someone else I know is actually going, because I don't want to turn up and find I don't know anyone. Tim probably wont be going to either of those reunions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ailbhe when are yeh 18? i'm gonna have to get you some sort of pressie, even if its just a card!

hehe we're brilliant sailors - it was mighty amusing :D

pm me, i havent talked to yah in ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

Don't come to cork when i'm not here!!!! I'll be gutted

Alrite here's the proposed details of Cork reunion.I think it might be a good idea to start a new thread on this coz people aren't really reading this one anymore, but here goes:

Monday 23rd August:
    Leave Dublin (heuston) 8.30am -> (change Mallow) -> Arrive Cork 11.38am
    Leave Cork 7.15pm -> (direct train) -> Arrive Dublin 10.05pm
    Still unsure of cost because I have been quoted many different prices.

So who is interested?

god.. we'll be in cork for like seven hours.... yeah i'm up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Pshh!
    Cork is so far away from the city center it's not even funny. It's not even in Dublin.

Wha-ch-cha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

I can't... sorry! I'll be in Portugal. Why?????? Portugal??? What a STUPID place to go when I could be in CORK... (I'm not being sarcastic btw!)

And can I just beg and grovel to all my friends and ask you all to please please PLEASE come to the reunion on the 14th becasue I'm in Portugal for the Cork reunion and the big traditional end-of-summer one so I mightn't get to see you all together again til next year...

please?
    You know you love me.

yeah, what ali said, because i'll most likely miss the 28th one as well, what with being on holidays and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 La Guitarra

Who is mr. scanger and metalimplosion

i'm ana. you probably don't know me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

I can't... sorry! I'll be in Portugal. Why?????? Portugal??? What a STUPID place to go when I could be in CORK... (I'm not being sarcastic btw!)

And can I just beg and grovel to all my friends and ask you all to please please PLEASE come to the reunion on the 14th becasue I'm in Portugal for the Cork reunion and the big traditional end-of-summer one so I mightn't get to see you all together again til next year...

please?
    You know you love me.

Of course we do. Well, through much begging I'll probably be able to get to the 14th one after all. HUZZAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Rezmuter Duane

Folks, there is a thread 4 the August 28th reunion & one 4 a Cork reunion!!! This thread is gettin very confusin so lets limit it 2 the August 14th reunion. Just 2 clear the air, August 14th, 12 noon, outside the gate 2 St. Stephen's Green!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

YE i agree with a reunion in Cork on the 23rd. AT 12 since its not too early and not to late. And the train station is good since its only a 10 min walk from city center. Well done Liam for setting it up. ;) Well talking about it really. So if u cant go on the 23rd tough sh1t3 u dopes. Rofl. ONly jokin but we cant get a perfic day for every1 because we cant accomodate every1.
    SO 23rd is good.
    Ana is u Ana from dicrete maths last year in 03 sesion 1????

Just askin.
    Corky/ME

nope........... not me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Reunion on Saturday!!! Yeah! All right! C'mon everybody lets get excited about it coz otherwise everone'll forget and no one'll go and it'll just be plain crap....

Anyway: WOOOO!!

Advertisement