Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Latest Spam Monkey

Options
  • 30-07-2004 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

hitachi_man is spamming some sort of ipod pyramid scheme crap on Bargain Alerts. He has 24 posts in one day and appears to have joined boards.ie with the expressed purpose promoting this scam. He also didn't realise that that .ie means an Irish domain - the sort of idiocy you'd normally associate with Nigerian 411 scammers...

He's one to keep an eye on - I also wonder if he's actually american at all - is his IP address American?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

lemme spank that monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

geez...give the guy a break.

Not only has he been labelled a spammer but i have been labelled his partner in crime, maybe because i answered him when he asked is there anyone else here from america. And so he did not know something you did. Maybe the entire world is not aware that .ie is limited to ireland.

If you think he is up to something fishy then don't do it...nobody is asking you to!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Report the post and leave it to the mods to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Report the post and leave it to the mods to sort out.
    I'm starting to like vBulletin3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

DMT, my biggest curiousity with vBulletin3 was if your sig would still piss me off.

It does. Well done!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

DMT wrote:
    I'm starting to like vBulletin3
    That feature was always there. Or at least it was there before the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

daveirl wrote:

1. US only ffs
    2. its complete spam (http.....aspx?referer=7038031) he's only posting to add to his refferrer count and as long as that post is up boards.ie are facilitating him and his twisted little endeavour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Wether it's legit or not doesn't matter. The guy is spamming across the boards for his own personal gain. Theres been at least 7 complaints but I haven't been able to ban him as there seems to be a problem since the new system came in.

One of the admins might want to check him out.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

daveirl wrote:

He hasn't contributed jack $hit to boards. All he's done is SPAM his refer links all over the place:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=3039

I don't care, if you want him to stay, thats fine with me, just tell everyone to stop reporting him cause I've a pain in my face with it.

Blade wrote:

I don't care, if you want him to stay, thats fine with me, just tell everyone to stop reporting him cause I've a pain in my face with it.

My oh my, isn't that great. If you have a go at a poster you get grief, and then if you do as you're told and report an offending post you're told to stop 'cos the mods "have a pain in the face"?

Can I take it that anyone abusing the sh*te out of this muppet will be left to their own devices then? Or are you saying here and now that the mods of boards.ie have no problem with this poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

daveirl wrote:

Point taken daveirl, but what got me rattled is the manner in which this clown can't seem to accept the fact that we are not all based in the US.

Standard etiquette of any type of Internet board is that you watch in the background for a while, get a feel for what is going on and then once you know what is acceptable, then, and only then, post. This person's greed prevented him from noticing that most of the posts referred to shops in Ireland with the Euro currency. He just barelled in with his referral links hoping somebody would click him on his way to a new Ipod.

Yes, we were hostile, yes, some of us were even over the top (myself included), but he should have known better.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

My oh my, isn't that great. If you have a go at a poster you get grief, and then if you do as you're told and report an offending post you're told to stop 'cos the mods "have a pain in the face"?

Reread the post. The point seems to be that either he's acceptable or he's not and he was dealt with because of all the complaints, which would support that at least some of his posts weren't acceptable. In short I think you've taken that the wrong way, it's clear that Blade was willing to act on the reports he got.
    Can I take it that anyone abusing the sh*te out of this muppet will be left to their own devices then? Or are you saying here and now that the mods of boards.ie have no problem with this poster?

He's saying neither of those things I think. Either way, I can tell you that they're not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hitachi_Man has asked for his threads to be locked and account removed.

Enuf said

V

ecksor wrote:
    In short I think you've taken that the wrong way, it's clear that Blade was willing to act on the reports he got.

Point taken ecksor.

Sorry to Blade for letting off steam in your direction.

Advertisement