Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small request...

Options
  • 30-07-2004 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

No biggie, but when I try to reply to a post or whatever and boards asks me to log in, the 'Remember Me' box is ticked by default. Seeing as I (and many other boardsers) post from public computers a lot, I always have to untick this box, rather than being able to quickly hammer in my details and hit 'Enter'. Any chance of turning this off by default?

Presumably if someone wanted to avail of this feature, they would need only to tick the box once, then they would never have to see it again (whereas I have to untick it every single time I log in). So there's not much point in having it ticked by default for these people surely? It could easily contribute to hijacked accounts because of people quickly logging in in an internet cafe, without noticing that the 'Remember Me' box is ticked. It's bad enough as it is with cafe users forgetting to log out!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

One more bump for this - it's really getting on my tits now :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

What Sico said.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

oeNeo wrote:
    What Sico said.

ditto
    :eek:

Admins - can we at least have a sign that this has been read? And if the request is denied?

At this stage I don't even log in anymore unless I have to to post, and that's now discouraging me from posting. Pain in the Donkey.

(Although I don't get the logic behind Merc's suggestion?)

• Advertisement

Sico wrote:
    Admins - can we at least have a sign that this has been read? And if the request is denied?

*Bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

*hump*

^ What they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Sorry Mercy, I misread - thought you meant it for regular posts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

This happens me in IE but not in Mozilla..

Only happened when they started making the changes on boards a few weeks back..

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I thought they had fixed it
    it's working grand for me now

I've just logged in with Firefox 0.9.2 and the 'Remember Me' box was ticked by default. :mad:

Going to give this one last go... can it at least be noted that it's denied if that's the case?

Advertisement