Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprite zero - sightings?

• 30-07-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen that new Sprite Zero around the place yet? (preferably in Cork). Would be cool if you could get it in pubs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

bought it yesterday in super value in athy.. only a three hour drive to get it.. i presume other super values will have it now too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

By the looks of it I imagine Sprite Zero uses Splenda(sucralose) as the sweetener and Diet Sprite uses Nutrisweet (aspartame - die in hell you evil substance) as the sweetener. That means no insulin response and none of the many other harmful effects of aspartame :) Apparently sucralose is supposed to have a nicer, more realistic sugar taste than aspartame as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

its currently downstairs ill report in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

am in right in saying that its available in a 500ml bottle and 250ml can? I havent seen the cans anywhere. Im not prepared to be lumbered with a bottle of the stuff in case its muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You can get it in Dunnes Stores in Douglas. Also, for the record, Sprite Zero sweeteners are Aspartame and Acesulfame K

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i have 2L bottle its the biggest regret of my life it tastes the same at first but awful weird after-taste and yeah they still use aspartame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah. Frell that so :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The Ingredients are different to sprite light and I think it tastes nicer than other diet soft drinks. Maybe there's not as much sweetner. i only had a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Bought a lovely blue bottle of this stuff ... It tastes a little different but I'm not sure why I'm paying more for this than the other sprite stuff, What is the difference really ??? or is it just rebranding of diet sprite ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

I'd much prefer sugar to aspartame. Sugar may be damaging to teeth, but not if you brush, whereas aspartame has that nasty habit of turning into formaldehyde (plastic) in ur bloodstream. And it's 1000s of times sweeter to sugar, so it desensitises u to sweetness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I normally don't drink soft drinks but I did try the Sprite Zero out of curiosity and also because I've lost two stone on a low-carb diet.

However, after one sup of this, I couldn't drink any more. It's far too sweet, I swear that I could feel the sugar coating the back of my throat and my teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aye, I'm not normally a big fan of Sprite anyway, but I tried this and it's way too sweet. It's like drinking a cup of water laced with sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Low carb diets are absolute rubbish. They're unsustainable. You should get most of your energy from complex carbs (wholemeal bread, pasta, rice; potatoes), not simple ones like sugar. It's why the staple food in every country in the world id trasditionally a carbohydrate - pasta, spuds, rice, bread - because they all release energy gradually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Rredwell, that's complete bo**ocks, and please don't make unsubstantiated claims. I've lost two stone, increased fitness and cleared up my ulcer by avoiding carbs. In hindsight, I reckon that I must have been wheat-intolerant, but never accepted it as you're always told that wheat is good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Back on topic, you can get sprite zero free with every EVM in McDonalds, for a limited time only people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Blisterman wrote:
    Back on topic, you can get sprite zero free with every EVM in McDonalds, for a limited time only people.

Yep it's meant to be free with some meal. I went in and got the sunday's for the parents and asked for a sprite zero on its own. Got it free, and i like it.

the chick in the ad is gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Speaking as an employee of McDs (hahahahahahahahahaha get me out before i go mad) Sprite Zero is MEANT to be given with every extra value meal (big mac, mcchicken, chicken premiere, filet o fish, quarter cheese, nugget yada yada) but i know at my store everyone forgets. But now we have to get rid of the stock (which, by the way is not chilled) and we're being told to give it with every order, even if it's not an EVM.

Advertisement