Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Single Billing

Options
  • 30-07-2004 10:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have badgered Esat over the last year or so to get their act together on single billing. Blah blah
    Get a flyer in todays Esat bill with notification of single billing commencing in September.

Great says I, save a bit of money with cheaper line rental

Looks at the charges I do, would you believe it same as Eircom - well, one cent more expensive actually.

What's the point, I aint gonna move unless I save money.

All the crap we've heard about single billing and more freedom/savings.
    All the increases that Eircom have had in their line rental.
    Esat BT waiting in the wings loving all these increases, because they've launched at the same rate as Eircom.

Am I alone in disappointment??? :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think Esat/BT will indeed take Eircom on with the consumer winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The way I look at it, at least Eircom is not getting your money. I will certainly be switching over to Esat line rental when it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tom dunne wrote:
    The way I look at it, at least Eircom is not getting your money. I will certainly be switching over to Esat line rental when it becomes available.
    No, they are still getting your money (less Esat's margin), because it's an eircom line. Of course do you really want to save a few cents on to have to write two cheques?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

You can save more than a few cent. With the same price calls to all of ireland, 8 cent international calls and/or unlimited freew local and national calls you can save a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Victor wrote:
    No, they are still getting your money (less Esat's margin), because it's an eircom line

Yes, indirectly. But I now have the minor satisfaction of not having anything directly to do with Eircom.

On a slightly related note, I am in the US at the moment and I have just checked my landline voicemail at home. There were 6 messages since Thursday. I panicked for a moment thinking somebody wanted to get hold of me urgently, but when I listened to all six messages, there were Eircom droids, trying to get my business back, I assume.

The funny thing is that all messages started with "Hello? Hello? Hello?" - they didn't seem overly aware of the fact that the voice they were hearing was my voicemail. They actually thought somebody had answered the phone.

Morons. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well, Esat and smarttelecom are both charging the same line rental as Eircom and as I'm a low telephone home user so check out

http://www.gaelictelecom.ie/rates.php

they are offering a 10% rental reduction straight away so that 29 yo yos a month and their rates are cheaper than eircom also

Anyone have experience with this crowd??

Are there any other providers out there to check out??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

they are offering a 10% rental reduction straight away so that 29 yo yos a month and their rates are cheaper than eircom also

sorry, that should of course read 29 yo yos a YEAR
    still, better in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm moving house in two weeks and have decided not to bother getting a landline in. €300 euro a year before you even make a phone call?
    I'll try it and see how it works out with just the mobile.

Advertisement