Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs sign Swedish defender Edman

• 31-07-2004 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/3941381.stm
    Tottenham are set to sign Erik Edman after agreeing terms with the Swedish international's Dutch club Heerenveen.
    In a statement on their website, Spurs said Edman was undergoing a medical. Personal terms still had to be agreed.

The 25-year-old defender played in all three of Sweden's group games at Euro 2004 in Portugal.

Anybody remember/know anything about this guy? I don't recall him standing out in Euro 2004, but I only saw bits of the Swede's games, so I can't really comment.

Report also says we have PSV Eindhoven's Brazilian striker Edson Rolando Silva Sousa and Lens forward Dagui Bakari on trial as possible cover for Robbie Keane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

he looked a very good defender to me , and he hit in that cross for Henrik Larrson's sensationel header .

im sure Naitkris , Muffen and Club_med(I think he's Swedish) could tell you more .

wasnt Edman injured for the Holland game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Football365 says he's left-sided. If so this hopefully means the end of the Argie butcher Tarrico, and puts an end to the succession of animals we've had at left-back. Justin Edinburgh anybody? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Football365 says he's left-sided..

did you not see the Euro's yourself ?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Big Ears wrote:
    did you not see the Euro's yourself ?
    :confused:

Did you not read my first post? ;)

Only saw wee bits of Sweden's games, such is the way of shift work... :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

iirc edman was a reasonable player. not great going forward nor defensively but not terrible either. average player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

he is an attacking defender and a good one at that. likes to make fast runs up the wing from defence and make some good crosses into the box. both Larsson's header against Bulgaria and a previous one in qualifying both came from Edman crosses.

pity he was ruled out for the Holland match in Euro 2004..

Advertisement