Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Quotes

• 31-07-2004 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Some real life sports quotes....

If you can't stand the heat in the dressing room get out of the kitchen(Terry Venables)

My legs sort of disappeared from nowhere (Chris Waddle)

Once Tony Daly opens his legs you've got a problem (Howard Wilkinson)

He looks up at him through his blood smeared lips (Harry Carpenter)

You can almost hear the crowds audible sigh of relief (Bill McLaren)

It was like being in a foreign country (Ian Rush in Italy)

Fred Davis, the doyen of snooker, now 67 years of age and too old to get his leg over, prefers to use his left hand (Ted Lowe)

And he's got the icepack on his groin there, so possibly not the old shoulder injury (Ray French)

I can count on the fingers of one hand the ten games which have cause our downfall (Joe Kinnear)

For those of you who know the Selhurst park ground, West Ham are playing from left to right (Radio commentator)

There is no such thing as lack of confidence - you either have it or you don't (Rob Andrew)

And now as the evening wears on the shadows cast by the floodlights get longer. (Unknown)

Suddenly, Alex Higgins was 7-0 down (David Vine)

He went down like a sack of potatoes and made a meal of it (Trevor Brooking)

He's going for the pink, and for those of you with black and white sets, the yellow is behind the blue (Ted Lowe)

It's a good job I'm not colour-blind because both teams are playing in black and white (Henry Gratian)

Trousers are now allowed to be worn by ladies on the golf-course. But they must be removed before entering the club-house (sign (allegedly) at Irish golf-course)

We actually got the winner with 3 minutes to go, but then they equalised (Ian McNail)

I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body (Winston Bennet)

Rosenborg have won 66 games and they've scored in all of them (David Coleman)

Viv Andersen has pissed a fatness test (John Helm)

The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it, which is identical (Murray Walker)

He's obviously gone for a wheel change, I say obviously because I can't see it (Murray Walker)

Strangely, in slow motion replay, the cricket ball seemed to hang in the air even longer (David Acfield)

With the last kick of the game, Bobby McDonald scored with a header (Alan Perry)

Ingid Kristiansen has smashed the world record. Truly amazing. Incidentally this is also a personal best for Ingrid ( David Coleman)

And Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead (Tom Ferrie)

I don't know if I'm as fast as I used to be, but I don't think I'm any slower (Floyd Patterson)

John Harkes is going to Sheffield, Wednesday (New York Times)

We didn't underestimate them, they were a lot better than we thought. (Bobby Robson)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Flukey wrote:
    Fred Davis, the doyen of snooker, now 67 years of age and too old to get his leg over, prefers to use his left hand (Ted Lowe)
    :D good stuff

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Lots os ones I've heard before but they still always make me laugh. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Some class ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

very good
    "And he's got the icepack on his groin there, so possibly not the old shoulder injury (Ray French)"
    my fave that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

He's going for the pink, and for those of you with black and white sets, the yellow is behind the blue (Ted Lowe)

That's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭ando

I'd like to see more of those murry walker classics :eek: :cool:

'he's gone from 5th to 4th, 4th to 3rd, 3rd to 4th, 2nd to 1st'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Flukey wrote:
    Once Tony Daly opens his legs you've got a problem (Howard Wilkinson)

He looks up at him through his blood smeared lips (Harry Carpenter)

It's a good job I'm not colour-blind because both teams are playing in black and white (Henry Gratian)

My favs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Glad you liked them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I read somewhere that Mark Viduka once said;
    I don't care if we lose every game this season as long as we win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it, which is identical (Murray Walker)

i just love that one, no matter how many times i see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

There are a few good ones there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Flukey wrote:
    And Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead (Tom Ferrie)
    Classic

Advertisement