Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest hand ever :)

Options
  • 31-07-2004 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Alright, I'm on the button.
    Look down to see a pair of black nines, in a four way table.

First guy opens up with a raise up to 30cent
    out of roughly 500 cent each

next guy reraises up to 60
    next guy reraises up to 120
    I think I might be beat at this stage but was kinda hoping they both had ak aq etc
    I call
    first guy folds
    second guy calls

three way action

Flop comes:

2d 9d 10d

I'm in a bitch of a position, have trip nines but flush and flush draw on the table.

First guy goes all in for another 150 or so
    Second guy reraises me for 300
    I figure he is doing it so that I don't call so I figure he is on a flush draw
    even if hes on a flush draw I figure I can make a full house aswell
    so he is only kinda 2/9 chances

Whatcha do?

I call for 300 and reraise 100 more since theres no point in waiting around
    He calls.

First guy flips over Queens with a diamond draw
    Second guy flips over trip tens

I'm like ****, trip nines are screwed.

Turn comes a queen

Giving the first guy trip queens and me the other guy feeling ****ty, but me moreso since he still is gona get the sidepot.
    Last card comes

A nine :)
    I take it all

What a ****ing hand!

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Best hand recently has to be the K10 in Sambas...
    After they were all slagging Samba for playing K10 and with me defending him saying its a great hand, Samba went on to win the hand in question... so 4 hands later I get K10 and I'm on the button so I call. Flop comes 10,10,K and the can-can girls are out in force in my head. Checked around to me so I cooly check too. Turn is an 8 and the first guy to act (Dirkey?) goes 500 swiftly called by Luke and then Davey goes all-in for about 4K. I'm sitting there both bemused and annoyed (annoyed with Davey because when I call him I'm going to scare off the other players). Its for times like this that I build my reputation as a "tanker" cos I pretend to go deep in the tank and do the whole 9 yards, the card shuffle, the chip count, "How much is it?" etc. De Niro would have been proud cos all I'm thinking is "how long do I have to sit here lookin like I'm thinking before one of the other lads will come in too!".
    Eventually I flat call and Luke decides to join the car crash, going over the top for 1000 more which I obviously call and from that point on there wasnt much that could hurt my monster stack.

K10 lads, its the new AA!

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

What the *** did they have?

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

DeVore wrote:
    Checked around to me so I cooly check too. Turn is an 8 and the first guy to act (Dirkey?) goes 500 swiftly called by Luke and then Davey goes all-in for about 4K.
    DeV.
    Nah DeV - wish that had been me, but don't you remember soundly knocking me out in 8th place - waaaaaaaaaaay earlier in the night!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hyzepher wrote:
    What the *** did they have?

Hyzepher

Davey was on a semi bluff with AK (so if noone has the 10 he has the top hand pretty much, though after 500 bet and called I'd be rethinking that, good strong move though). Luke had the 10 with a 3 kicker (the board improves his kicker 10's,K,8).

You were unlucky Dirkey, I caught the straight to save my ass!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

that was a pretty mad hand, i was to your left and after the flop was checked, and the turn was a muck card i made the original 500 bet, i had K4, luke called, davey all in and i was going to call him but then you called so that was my mind made up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I figured Kratta had a King after his bet to 500 so I knew I had him beat. When Luke called I figured he was on the flush draw there was 2 hearts on board. With only Tom behind me I thought it was good time to pick up the 1000 and whatever was in the pot. I actually thought I was ahead until Tom called then I knew I was in the ****.

Guess I have trouble believing anyone could have a 10, I'll have to work on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

DeVore wrote:
    You were unlucky Dirkey, I caught the straight to save my ass!
    DeV.
    Yeah but it was a blatant straight. I called too soon, just had a (wrong) gut instinct that you didn't have the J to give you that straight. If I'd thought longer I'd have put down and held back what I had. Ah well! Enjoyed the HCGA immensely.

Advertisement