Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signatures that know too much?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would be interested to know too. I find these sigs unsettling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

All that information is sent to any website anywhere you go. All the gif does is inset the details into the image.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Indeed, it's all information your browser is telling the world about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

If you don't like it, disconnect from the internet. Your computer broadcasts this information to the world, and the internet wouldn't work without your IP being broadcast. The other information is useful for webmasters, so that they can alter their webpage content so that they suit whatever browser/OS is being used by the majority of visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its not really the sig tbh. Neilbrady is lurking outside your window taking notes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm closing this right now because we're already seeing the sorts of responses that makes me want to kill you all and I'm too busy to properly kill you all right now. Search this forum to get the previous discussions and explanations of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement