Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1, Season 8, Episode 4: Zero Hour [Spoilers]

Options
  • 31-07-2004 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Vote Away, This episode sounds decent

Rate This Episode 18 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    11%
    bkehoemr_angry 2 votes
    Ok
    50%
    NeoSlicerZAsokWashoutKevokBadly Drunk BoyDrEvilixoyQ_ElexraUser45701 9 votes
    Bad
    38%
    D-GenerateTomPepe LeFritsRazmatrimFensterOmegaRed 7 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    0%

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bad
    Okay-to-good episode. T'was rather flat though as the episode didn't have a central event to focus around, it was more a tapestry of sub-plots.
    Disappointed with what they did with Camulus.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Ok
    Good, not great. I thought the idea of Jack as a general was that he'd take a smaller role in the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Good
    Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I think SG-1 is still by far the best of the two parallel series. I agree with Kevok in that I'm surprised by the prominent role taken by Richard Dean Andersen so far. I'd expected him to figure far less than he has, with the focus on SG-1s missions without him. Instead, it seems to have been the opposite so far.

A lot of the humour was good though, particularly the end to his resignation letter: "Never mind". And I enjoyed his discourse with Ba'al too. I got the feeling that the episode was leading up to "Zero Hour", but that the event never really materialised. I wonder if that's going to be continued on in next week's episode?

And hands up who thought his PA was an NiD operative after that phone call at the start?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ok
    Ah well this was a sort of character episode, the type that SG1 can do well. I was surprised, as everyone else was, that not only was RDA in another episode but that he had centre stage. Maybe he likes his character being Brigadier General? Or it's plausible that RDA had a gap in his schedule, has made a few O'Neill-heavy episodes and will shortly vanish for most of the remaining episodes.

Moving on... One of the aspects of this episode I liked was that we saw O'Neill with a brain. Too often previous seasons have dumbed Jack down - here we saw him use his laid-back, seemingy laconic attitude work its magic. Notice that, because it didn't offer a tactical advantage, he didn't play stupid? I liked that. The Camel Ass (heh) ploy made sense as a bet and I liked how O'Neill refused to be cowed by Baal.

Although the episode suffered from a main focusing plot, I don't think we really could have had one. We were finally getting a glimpse into Hammond's life and choices - we've seen George turn down rescue requests before and I was very happy to see that Jack hesitated before letting SG1 in for fear the GDO's were compromised.

Now next week though I'd look a good old offworld episode, away from earth.
    Oh and yeah I thought NiD for a few moments but then assumed that Cooper was trying to bluff us and that everything was on the level. I was right.

Now will watch Stargate:Atlantis in a bit and post my thoughts there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Bad
    I think this episode was a build up to Carter taking center stage as the leader. The bit at the end with Jack telling her that she had done excellently. It felt like Jack was officially handing over the reigns of SG-1 in much the same way as the President was making sure he was up to the job of commanding the base.

I have to agree with you ixoy in that O'Neill wasn't as dumb as he's been played out to be in the past. It was nice to see him play the little baiting game with Camulus though I did think he took the situations a bit too lightly. Maybe that was just meant to be a portrayal of how little sleep he'd had but he seemed to show very little concern that SG-1 were in the hands of Baal.

I'm also expecting an off world ep next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok
    I thought this was a very very good episode. enjoyed the way there wasent a single centre plot. Its one of the better episodes. Liked the discussion of this new bio weapon that earth now have. They can now take the war to the gou`auld.

If this toxin will wiork on super soldiers then ball will fall along with many many other goa`uld.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Good
    *bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Ok
    I enjoyed it (had to argue with my dad to get to watch it, but I won).

As for the phone call at the start I though he was and informant though not NiD. I was thinking more Goa'uld because he seemed to be around every time something that was potentially disasterous from Earth's defencive point of view (ie. when they discuss the lack of any power to the Weapon.)

I don't know why but when Camulus was on screen all I could think of was "I wonder if Earth could trade Dax with the Goa'uld". :rolleyes:

Couldn't help laughing (in my usual childish manner) when O'Neill locked the two dignatries in the room. Especially since the bald guy was such a childish character.

Advertisement