Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Senior League

• 31-07-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Man, the lsl really has come a long way!
    The website is class- with a forum for every division and if you think our soccer board got bitchy you should see these guys go at it! :) the players all go nuts when someone slags their team! It's a cool little set up for an amateur league!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should go watch some of the top teams play, there are some seriously good players in that league.

I hate playing against them in Nightowls league they to damn good :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

KdjaC wrote:
    Should go watch some of the top teams play, there are some seriously good players in that league.

I hate playing against them in Nightowls league they to damn good :(

kdjac

Ha ha yeah there's a few big fish evident in those evening leagues! Do you play in the Wesley/Three Rock one? I used to play night owls in wesley- good craic but no work out compared to training! Playin in the corporate one now on wednesdays in wesley which is pretty cool- dyin 4 LSL to start back again! i miss the grass! :D

Was out in 3 rock for last 5 years but we was finally relegated this year :(
    So not sure where 1st division is ,think they use 3 grounds. But we were relegated before and we stayed up so not sure where we are , but league starts 10th of september.

Least we might win more than 4 games a season now :)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Least we might win more than 4 games a season now :)

kdjac

Always a good plan!!

We also got relegated in the corporate astro league- man we were actually not that terrible but got beat alot!
    My club proper got relegated too actually!! not many guys can say they were relegated twice in one season!!! :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey all,

Are there trials on for teams in these leagues? Would love to get back on a team.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    Hey all,

Are there trials on for teams in these leagues? Would love to get back on a team.
    Some of the top teams like Bitching Baro Boys have a selection process, team i play for Westland Rovers its kinda a show up thing, we usually get 11 ,sometimes just 11.

Playing a freindly next week if you interested, we have a "Bring a Player" policy :D

Kdjac

cheesedude wrote:
    Hey all,

Hey Cheesedude,

do you mean the LSL (weekend) leagues or the astro (midweek evenings) leagues? I've just signed for a new club in the LSL who will have a look at any new players who want to join pre season training/friendly matches.

who did you used to play for? What kind of standard?

Hey guys,

I was talking about the weekend leagues. I used to play for Granada out in cabinteely there. Not the best team in the world. I'm not bad or anything. I guess I am alright. The standard was average I guess. Had teams like Terenure in it.

Kdjac that sounds like a laugh. You enjoying it?

cheesedude wrote:
    Hey guys,

I was talking about the weekend leagues. I used to play for Granada out in cabinteely there. Not the best team in the world. I'm not bad or anything. I guess I am alright. The standard was average I guess. Had teams like Terenure in it.

Well if you can get to Terenure and are brave enough to go on trial with a team where u don't know anyone our sat and sunday teams are open for anyone who wants to join pre season training and see how they fare! Second team plays Saturday Premier and First team plays in the Sunday Premier (details on www.lsl.ie) Training is tuesday and thursday at 7.30pm and there's a friendly on Sunday at 12 away to Templeogue Utd.

It's a good standard and the whole squad is 20-23 years old so it's a good buzz too!

Anyone else interested feel free to post here or contact me!

Aw man, that sounds well handy and I'd love to do it but there is no way I could go out there not knowing anybody. It would just be too awkward!

Hmm, have to think about that...cheers for asking though.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    Aw man, that sounds well handy and I'd love to do it but there is no way I could go out there not knowing anybody. It would just be too awkward!

Hmm, have to think about that...cheers for asking though.

Well I'll be there on sunday for the friendly so ill meet u first if thats better but i have band practice tue/thur so wont be at training!

Advertisement