Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pac's new album

• 31-07-2004 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

2Pac's new album scheduled to be out in November (not titled yet). Can't wait for it. Supposedly Eminem was given the chance to work sum beats on it...hope he does a good job, sumtimes he can be a let down. Also Kanye West and Dr.Dre supposedly doin sum beats on it too. Also another Pac cd supposed to be coming out next month (August 10th) called 2Pac Live.......old songs on it, hopefully live and if they are not just another money making scheme from Death Row as its them who is releasing it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Sweet! I always loved 2pac. He's a legend to me! ;) :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kittkat's back! Yay!

Anyway, I'll be getting it, Suge has an alledged 10 albums worth of material left, I wish he'd stop milking it and give the fans what we want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 boredom

Kold wrote:
    Anyway, I'll be getting it, Suge has an alledged 10 albums worth of material left, I wish he'd stop milking it and give the fans what we want.

I hope Suge doesn't have that much material left. 2pacs post-death albums have been decreasing in quality with each release, IMHO. I'd hate to hear what the 10th album would be like *shudder*. It would ruin pacs name.

Not that that would stop Suge from releasing it.

boredom wrote:
    I hope Suge doesn't have that much material left. 2pacs post-death albums have been decreasing in quality with each release, IMHO. I'd hate to hear what the 10th album would be like *shudder*. It would ruin pacs name.

Not that that would stop Suge from releasing it.
    That said, there have been gems on each album and it still won't stop me buying the albums to be honest. In fairness the worst album was Strictly4myniggaz IMO and I don't see these being much worse than that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Kold wrote:
    That said, there have been gems on each album and it still won't stop me buying the albums to be honest. In fairness the worst album was Strictly4myniggaz IMO and I don't see these being much worse than that..
    Id say the worst has yet to come.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt say that! I'd say the best has yet to come! Whos with me? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

the live 2pac album is real nice but i doubt its going to appeal to anyone other than real hardcore 2pac fans (it dosent even have out on bail on it probably his best ever live song ive heard). I doubt suge has that much material left if any if he did i dont think he would have wasted his time releasing that horrible remixs album last year and the live album would seem like a last effort to get some money out of the only remaining 2pac material he has. Any new material is likly controled by afeni and there is no doubt that she will make a balls of that stuff getting to many producers on it. I dont think dre would give any beats to to pac hes not exactly known for wasting his time even with his own artists, eminem will cause its not like his beats ever change so its not a problem for him to do it kanye might to both just to get some d!€k riding in there.

The remix album was absolute ****. Either old material or, as you say, dick riders. But it did sell. I sure as hell didn't buy it but there's a lot of so-called pac fans out there who wouldn't know their ear from their arse hole lovin it because fitty cent is on it.

IMO Better Dayz and Until the End of Time both had some absolute gems (You don't have to worry, Thug N Me, Who do you believe in) and I'll continue to buy it as long as it's got Original Pac material. But if you're gonna stick fitty cent and eminem in the mix just to appeal to absolute skangers, I aint buying it.

Kold wrote:
    IMO Better Dayz and Until the End of Time both had some absolute gems (You don't have to worry, Thug N Me, Who do you believe in) and I'll continue to buy it as long as it's got Original Pac material. But if you're gonna stick fitty cent and eminem in the mix just to appeal to absolute skangers, I aint buying it.

2 True! ;) Until The End of Time is my fav!

P.s Love the signature! ;)

The remix album actually sold? I would have thought that the gammy cover that wouldn't look out of place on a pirated cd would have scared people away. I heard it, and it somehow manages to butcher every song on the album, they even took Snoop Dogg out of "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" (replaced him with Crooked I). I mean, if they hate Snoop Dogg that much, why bother including the song at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I think kold might be thinking of the resurrection album which did sell and had 50 cent on it but was not great lots of old stuff on it and eminems amazingly simular beats but not nearly as bad as the remix album, just downloaded both of these albums not worth my money. I can just imagine big suge with his high pitched voice asking how he can mess up good songs to make more money.

heh, I've always found it funny that someone as physically big and as ... "gangsta" (for want of a better word!) could have such a girly voice.

Ghostface tbh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 evilbubbs

i get more and more conviced that 2pac as an artist and for what he did is diminished every single time some album is released i cringe at the thought.

2pac himself wrote as much material as he could after he was shot for the first time. he set himself the goal of making sure that there was songs/poems/scripts etc that would be around after his death.

but heres the problem
    suge knight is a ganster in it for the fast buck FULL STOP, he will never have the people to produce quality. the idiot signed MARK "return of the quack" MORRISON now what does that say about him being a talent scout.

as for 2pac's mother, unfortunatly i believe that she doesnt have a good musical understanding of 2pac and what he was trying to do, if she relasing things im not going to worry bout it to much, she'll get it wrong but not for selfish reason ala suge but more out of novice mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Why in the name of jaysus are they still releasing 2 pac stuff. Hes brown bread leave it at that

bush wrote:
    Why in the name of jaysus are they still releasing 2 pac stuff. Hes brown bread leave it at that
    Why do people still listen to him or buy his albums? Because IMO he's the best rapper that's ever lived.

Kold wrote:
    Why do people still listen to him or buy his albums?

I dunno to be honest

Because Nas is the only lyricist who can come close to him.

Thats the reason people listen to him is it.

Well I suppose there is a certain hype behind his name, well deserved but most pac fans are clueless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement