Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting my Shrapnel

Options
  • 31-07-2004 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Like many I have a jar that I poor all my loose change into every evening – essentially any coin under a Euro. Jar filled up, so I emptied it into a larger container, and so on, for quite a while. I suspect the time has come to convert it into banknotes; otherwise the weight of it is likely to break through the floor and kill one of my neighbours.

Question is where to do so? Which bank will do so and not try to scalp me? And preferably without my having to fill little coin bags for five hours first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just give it to me :)

Bloody Italians and their precious coin-free wallets ;) Any of the banks will take modest amount of bagged coin (1-2 bags) with any lodgement without charge, just go along off-peak. They won't sort it for you.

Find someone under the age of 15 and offer them a commission to bag it.

Otherwise get an empty 35mm film roll hoder and fill it with coin, re-use your coin as you go rather than collecting it.

Advertisement