Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Data Cables

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

was the one in O2 store a official Motorola accessory (branded)? the one on eBay is described as a "generic [MOTOROLA] USB Data Cable"

will the cheaper one work? that's your call if you want try, may be worth finding someone who has ordered the same one and has it working ok with a V600

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Don't know really. All phone shops rip you off for accessories. I have ordered one from eBay, but am still waiting for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

@Quad_red
    i have cable for sale and it seemed to do it all with the motorolas...i have heaps of software also i could put onto a cd for you,plus the software i got with the cable.....i'll let you have it for 20euro....some of the software is a remote unlocking software and others are the victor gsm software....so up to you .,... i got it for a V525 i had but sold couple weeks ago but person i sold phone didnt need it as they had no PC..its not the original motorola cable btw....

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

might do Mad.

although €20 seems a bit steep for a cable that can be got for new on ebay for 3.95!

The remote unlocking software is of limited use (maybe at some future point). Whats the Victor GSM software do? (excuse my lack of knowlege on this!!)

the Victor software i got or should i say took me sometime to find and i have directed it too many on here but the link is down. And some have said they have unlocked there motorolas with software ive directed them too...

But the Victor software opened up some stuff on the V525 i had that was hidden like the Java app loader...but the V600 probably has it visible...i dont know....if u get ur Ebay cable its no problem i can put it on a cd(free of charge) for you as ive just discovered the link is down as i was going to put a link to it for you....someone else might have another link...

here more info here what it is...

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the pointers. the victor stuff looks interesting all right. and it'd be good to have a higher level of control over the phone.

the java loader? am, i know what java is but i have no idea how to check if i can directly access the loader (not sure what i'd do with it even if i could!! :D )

As for the cable - well, if you've sold your motorola i'd prefer to give the money to you (you're obviously sound out and v helpful) than someone over ebay.

what would you take for the cable then?

the Java App loader i think from memory is in your settings and scroll down to lastone and you will see java settings i think....on the V525 the java app loader was not visible seen until you activated it which i did with the Victor software and when you selected it,it said please insert cable....it was an option so you could transfere games over onto phone..but there is other software like Midway,which you can download from motorolas wedsite...

sorta going mad now i sold the V525 because wifes phone was robbed friday night while she was out,it was a 6610 and only reason i sold it was she couldnt get used to texting with the V525 so she went back to her 6610....aghhhh!.feck!

thats rough mate. look at it like this though - if you HAD kept the phone there is no way that she would've had her phone stolen and you'd have a perfectly good phone sitting at home unused.

murphys law.

am, on inspection of my Java settings it appears that the java loader is also hidden in the v600.

drat those cads!!

Hey as i said there is Bluetooth transfere so the doodle thing only costs i think....same as cable or cheaper and its wireless.but im not 100% on this so maybe ask Dubwireless or someone more in the know....

Advertisement