Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoegaarden - where can u get it on tap??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Oh God. Somebody please kill the zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Oh God. Somebody please kill the zombie.

Looks like the rescission has brought necrophilia back into fashion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Xander1971 wrote: »
    Leffe is nearly as nice but Duvel will blow your mind :-)

I'd rate both far above Hoegaarden TBH.

FruitLover wrote: »
    I'd rate both far above Hoegaarden TBH.

Hoegaarden over Leffe (blond I presume) for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Blisterman wrote: »
    You can get it in my student union. Its really weird and cloudy. It's pretty fruity tasting already. Didnt know you were supposed to put lemon in it. I gotta try that tonight.

What a difference 4 and a half years makes. Back then cloudy was a new thing in a beer for me. Now I go out of my way to find cloudy beers.

Incidentally I don't think I did try drinking Hoegaarden with lemon that night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

BeerNut, please refrain from backseat moderating. I, a moderator of this forum, already explained that I made a conscious decision not to close the thread. If you have an issue with it, report the posts and don't drag the thread off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bad Boy Bubby

Thomas reids, Dame Street? do it on tap. They have the big this 1" hogaarden glasses that were mentioned earlier. If you get drunk on it remember to drink a lot of water when you get home. Brutal hangover like most of those cloudy beers. It is like all the water has been suck out of your body when you wke up.

Brutal hangover like most of those cloudy beers. It is like all the water has been suck out of your body when you wke up.

Probably to do with wheat beers been a bit stronger (4.9-5.5%) than the usual draft beers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

oblivious wrote: »
    Probably to do with wheat beers been a bit stronger (4.9-5.5%) than the usual draft beers
    Yeah, I know very few people who do beware of this, many people treat it as "drinks", they even count a shot of vodka and pint of strong lager as a "drink", even though it can have over twice the alcohol as the vodka.

So people are drinking the same 6-8 pints but get more alcohol so will have more of a diuretic effect (wee more) but this is compounded by it being stronger and so slightly lower in water in the first place. I think this is why stella has such a bad name as a hangover beer, people are not used to its strength and drink the same amount of bottles. Simple answer is drink less and have pints of water along with the odd pint.

In theory you would expect less hangover from cloudy beers, the yeast gives vitamins to you which are depleted due to drinking (B12 I think), and they are usually brewed with better techniques which should result in less cogeners (nasty chemicals produced while brewing)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

kenmc wrote: »
    Who are "the ponces"? The lemon is an integral part of it, same as the lime slice in the bottle of corona. You ask for Hoegaarden in Holland you get a lemon slice in it. and a masher for the lemon slice to get the loverly lemon flavour into the beer. tastes a lot better with lemon that without in my opinion.

I lived in Belgium, and I spend alot of time between Brussels and Koksijde, i have been to many many many bars and drank many Hoegaardens with it being my fav beer and have never had lemon in it. I'd trust the Belgians over the Dutch when it comes to beers especially considering its a belgian beer! Its lemony enough

• Advertisement

kenmc post was four years ago, I wounder does he still feel the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Duvel is the way to go. I drank 3 bottles of the stuff in a park one day (very suds type beer).

After the first one I couldn't feel my forehead, but was sober. Needless to say it was downhill from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Most bars on Dame St seem to have it on tap, eg the front lounge. Also they serve it in the proper Hoegarden glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

oblivious wrote: »
    kenmc post was four years ago, I wounder does he still feel the same

Jeez i didnt even notice!!!!lol

Advertisement