Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam, the great fibre provider.

Options
  • 31-07-2004 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Every home and business and school in Amsterdam is to have fibre installed by 2010 , thats within 6 years. Call for proposals went out this week . Final tender in January 2005 .

The Citynet Project will provide 450,000 Separate fibre Drops Citywide. Or 70,000 Fibre drops a Year from now till the completion of the project. We have not managed 70,000 BB connections in this country since the first ones went into Dungarvan in 1998, 6 years back...... and all on existing copper as well while all the Amsterdam network is spanking new shiny fibre. GigE no doubt !

Rotterdam , never willingly left behind Amsterdam as anyone who remembers the heyday of Rotterdam Records will attest :D , has decided in principle to do the same think as we can see Here

Our MAN project is peanuts in comparison to this scheme, welcome as it is if you live in Amsterdam . Remember that the DSL and BB market in Holland is far better than here already. Interestingly the Dutch formed the management company (Citynet) before they started to contract the build.

The structure of the tender and the deliverables is in the public domain should anyone wish to have a look at it, its Here It is a model of clarity .

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

you can bet the Dutch will deliver this on time and to budget

M.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

It's enough to make you sick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Why not get D15 to become part of Amsterdam. :D

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Muck wrote:
    Why not get D15 to become part of Amsterdam. :D

M

This is by far the best suggestion I have ever heard in my life.
    Do this and I'll pull my soon-to-be-sold house off the market and move back to Ireland :)

Ah man, smoke a spliff and blow people up with a rocket launcher... life doesn't get much better than that :)

Advertisement