Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Small Policy Change

• 31-07-2004 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

After consulation with T4TF we've agreed that there is to be a small change in the application of the paranormal charter.

While this is a forum for discussion of paranormal encounters and belief, the charter may be deterring people from offering alternative theories and views.

While we in no way want this forum to become a place for flaming or abuse of those who believe in the paranormal or those who have had paranormal experiences, there is always some good in discerning true paranormal experiences from events which may have other explanations.

This is the modus operandi of many of the most established paranormal institutes. Everything you can discount, strengthens the validity of those we can't'.

To cut to the chase there will be nothing wrong in the forum view with healthy discussion about paranormal events, from any stand point, but ANYONE who flames or abuses this policy will be permanently banned without question or hesitation.

I'll sticky this up for a while to get thoughts and opinions.

Syke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

I very much agree with this. If we don't take other opinions, we are no better than those who ridicule us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

A very good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Looks like there is no problem with this policy change, I will copy into the charter and unsticky the thread.

Advertisement