Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Your talking about this right ?

Shipping (Parcelforce Euro 48) - £22.00

Euro 48 is just the name of the service,my gfx card was shipped on wednesday an i got it friday afternoon...but usually it's 3 days for delivery.
    :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

CombatCow wrote:
    Your talking about this right ?

Euro 48 is just the name of the service,my gfx card was shipped on wednesday an i got it friday afternoon...but usually it's 3 days for delivery.
    :)

CC

Hmmm.. I know the shipping works out at 22 sterling which is still 30 odd euro.. I thought they automatically up this to 48 euro but I am stooopid...

That puts things in a different light I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Haha I can see how that's confusing. A bit od a stupid name. Nice one parcelforce.

What fan do you plan on using with that sp-94? A 92mm Tornado I hope. You can run it high speed to see how high you can go and low speed for everyday use and a lower overclock.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    Haha I can see how that's confusing. A bit od a stupid name. Nice one parcelforce.

What fan do you plan on using with that sp-94? A 92mm Tornado I hope. You can run it high speed to see how high you can go and low speed for everyday use and a lower overclock.

BloodBath

I have a YS-Tech fan with the following stats:

- Speed - 2400RPM
    - Output - 50.0CFM
    - Decibels - 31.9dBA

Noise is an important issue for me so I dont want a crazy noisy fan..

Compared to:

- Airflow: 119 CFM
    - Noise Level: 56.4 dBA
    - Speed: 4800 RPM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah that's a good fan. You should be able to hit 3.8 with that. You have the fan controller though so you could turn the tornado down.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote:
    Yeah that's a good fan. You should be able to hit 3.8 with that. You have the fan controller though so you could turn the tornado down.

BloodBath

Yeah that just clicked after I posted previously... Suppose there is no harm in having the option of upping the speeed for those hot summer evenings... I think I will.. Now I gotta decide whether I wanna spend near €200 on loadsa little things... Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Supposed to mean anywhere in EUrope withint 48hrs ;)
    I know what ya mean tho, had to think about it when i ordered off em before.

Its stil pretty expensive at 30 euros tho. I got a parcel from germany (vapo chill case, 15kg at least) for €30. Took about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Didnt you have a thermalright on there already? Did you get it after (have been on holidays)?

I see your up to 3.6ghz .......... nice overclock i must say!!

Col_Loki wrote:
    Didnt you have a thermalright on there already? Did you get it after (have been on holidays)?

I see your up to 3.6ghz .......... nice overclock i must say!!

I have a thermalright ****ty heatsink. Well its relatively ok but it wont mount properly.. A few of use fiddled with it and cant keep it properly in contact with the provessor without wedging a penny under it between its bracket. Long story..

I dont run it at 3.6 much not because the fan is going extemely fast to compensate for the heatsink not being right.. The cpu temp idles at about 7 degree higher and under load its at 68 degrees which is too high for my liking. It funs but it is too noisy and the heat been kicked out the back of the machine is actually making me sweat in my room. Cant leave it on overnight downloading due to the fan being so loud.. This is not a common issue with the Sonata normally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats pretty wierd, sure you didnt get a Socket A heatsink ........ LOL !!

Im not a fan of noise at all, have had a very noisey machine at the start and just cant stand it anymore!! You need an overclock thats stable and can be had with a small ammount of noise. Even 3.4ghz would be pretty sweet........for 24/7 .

Im running just over 2.4ghz on almost silent mode which im pretty happy with.

• Advertisement

Col_Loki wrote:
    Thats pretty wierd, sure you didnt get a Socket A heatsink ........ LOL !!

Im not a fan of noise at all, have had a very noisey machine at the start and just cant stand it anymore!! You need an overclock thats stable and can be had with a small ammount of noise. Even 3.4ghz would be pretty sweet........for 24/7 .

Im running just over 2.4ghz on almost silent mode which im pretty happy with.

Yeah 3.4 is more than grand.. Just want to reduce the heat so the noise and temperture will drop.. I always intended getting that heatsink anyway but it was out of stock when i bough the machine and this heatsink was always a stop gap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

Advertisement