Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robson is the first man sacked..

• 01-08-2004 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Robson will no longer be Newcastle's manager after this season...
    skysports wrote:
    Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd has confirmed that next season will be Sir Bobby Robson's last at the club.
    It was already known that Alan Shearer would be hanging up his boots at the end of the forthcoming Premiership campaign, but it has now been confirmed that Robson too will not be signing a new contract.

When asked by The Guardian whether there was a possibility of renewing Robson's contract beyond the end of next season, he said: "No."
    He also pointed out how wayward some of Robson's buys in the transfer market had been.
    "Bob's spent about £70m, more than Wenger," Shepherd said. "We have always backed the manager, we have been big spenders. But now we have got to make sure we get value for money - that's a nice way of putting it.
    read it full here

a bit over the top?

Robson saved Newcastle.. and they return the favour by doing this.. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Freddy 's just a scumbag - I tip Newcastle for top 4 next year....big mistake by the playboy there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Andip wrote:
    Freddy 's just a scumbag .

agreed , Bobby Robson saved the club from the brink of destruction , and I think he is the best manager out there for Newcastle .

Who the hell can we get at the moment thats better than him , Hitsfeld ? , id like to think so but I doubt it .

one of the reasons why we've spent quite a bit without success , is because we bought young players , and these players wont be in their prime till they are at least 26 .

id muck rather Shepherd went then Bobby .

I know theres speculationa bout Alan Shearer being manager in the future , but hardly the season after he's finished playing , I dont think he even has his UEFA badges yet .

in short I am very , very disapointed and saddened .

God knows , Sheperd could get another Guilt .
    another season of him and we would have been relegated .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

While its not clever to make such an announcement now nobody could expect Robson to continue much longer anyway - he'll be 72 by the end of the season I think. Also word has it that when Sven gets the boot Robson will be acting as a "wise old head" to new England manager Steve McLaren.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Robson has said this all along and never even hinted at another contract.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

While Robson may have saved Newcastle and done a decent job in general, can any of you really see them challenging for the league under him?

Plus at 72 Im sure he will be happy to retire after building a potentially great squad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement