Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with net connection??

Options
  • 01-08-2004 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

This has to do with my 56k connection to the net as my area doesnt have BB and wont have for a long time to come it looks like. I didnt know where to post this really but if anyone can help please do....

I connect to the net using Eircom dialp up, and before I formatted my pc when someone would ring the house I would get disconected from the net which was handy as it could be an important call or whatever....but since i formated when someone rings the house and im on the net all they get is a constant "the person knows theres another call waiting " but i dont as I dont get disconected from the net? Does anyone know what this is about???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms, where you'll hopefully get a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I assume your using a v.92 modem and have call waiting activated on the line. If you do you can use a feature called modem on hold. This does what you want to do, disconnects the modem and lets the phone call through.

I've never used this feature but I think you need a program on your hdd to make it work. It should be on the cd you got with your modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I dont know to be honest what type of modem im using...i think it might be a lucent??

I never installed software that let me disconnect or anything and I didnt get any cd for the modem when I got it???

Advertisement