Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child-friendly restaurants in Cork City

Options
  • 01-08-2004 2:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

As per title. Kids 5 & 8, everyone pretty plain food eaters. Price not an issue, just not loony toons. Special occasion so intimate would be nice, although I guess it's difficult to do intimate and kid-friendly at the same time.

TIA,
    adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

C'mon folks, help me out here...?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I don't know of any, cos i am from Dublin and not Cork, but 1 tip if you want any replies. Try posting at a more sensible time, and not at 2:30 in the morning. you did that twice!!!

Go away Youssef.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RandlePMcMurphy

I always find Luigi Malone's opposite the Opera House on Emmet Place to be good with kids.

HTH,

RandlePMcMurphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was in the Mercury Lounge (where PI used to be) recently and noticed that they had a children's section on their menu. While I was hesitant about ordering there at first, the food was generous and tasty when it came

• Advertisement

Luigi Malone's is a good idea (I eat there regularly) but I'd be worried the kids wouldn't like the food. Does the childrens menu have plain food?

The Mercury Lounge, formerly PI, is that on Washington Street?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 RandlePMcMurphy

dahamsta wrote:
    Luigi Malone's is a good idea (I eat there regularly) but I'd be worried the kids wouldn't like the food. Does the childrens menu have plain food?

The Mercury Lounge, formerly PI, is that on Washington Street?

adam
    AFAIR the kids menu in Luigi's has chips and pizza and stuff (my young fellah is 16 months so the kids menu isn't relevant to us yet).

The Mercury Lounge is opposite the Court House on, as you say, Washington Street.

HTH,

RandlePMcMurphy.

Ah, I remember the Mercury Lounge now, I'm pretty sure I went in there a while back on a work night. Not sure if it was PI then, but I don't really remember the food, which doesn't bode well. Might stick with Luigi's, at least I know what I'm getting there.

Thanks for the info.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

When I was a child, we'd go to Tung Sing Chinese on Patrick Street... children are always welcome there. It sells plain food like chicken and chips and stuff if they don't like the Chinese.

Hmmm. I used to go to China Gold on Pana a long while back, is it still there? Putting aside the kiddy thing for a mo, what's it like these days?

Is Tung Sing the one up next to Boots?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Gambinis on Carey's Lane is kid friendly - they do a nice children's pizza (tasty sauce) and serve the children first etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Currans on Adelaide St. has a childrens menu on it so I guess they don't really mind kids.
    I don't mind them either unless you are seated next to a bawling or restless kid.

D-Generate wrote:
    Currans on Adelaide St. has a childrens menu on it so I guess they don't really mind kids.
    Currans is the first place I thought of, because of the wee deck where you can go have a smoke and a brandy afterwards, but I didn't think they'd have a kids menu. Nice one. I got a tough steak the last time I was in there, but I honestly think I was just unlucky.
    I don't mind them either unless you are seated next to a bawling or restless kid.
    You can't do anything about a bawling or restless kid, it's rarely their fault, what bugs me is the parents that let them run around. Or stare.

I'm torn now between Currans and Luigis. :)

Thanks,
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ring Currans to double check. I am going on memory here but I am 99% sure that they did last time i was there which was recently enough. Lovely place that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Would it be so wrong if I suggested that you leave the kiddies at home and go off to the Franciscan? :D

My two recommendations would be Eco's in Douglas, good food but not very intimate. Another place to consider is Issac's on McCurtain St, I've only been there once, but the service and food was good, I'd consider it reasonably child-friendly too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement