Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agreement between G14 Clubs.

• 01-08-2004 1:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is in one of the weekend papers if it is true its a Joke.There is an agreement between the G14 that if one member club is intrested in another Clubs player they have to....
    "maintain a dialogue once they have registered their intrest"

to me this is a joke if a player is not for sale he is off limits.Real Madrid are using this rule to keep Arsenal talking about Vieira.

I wounder how many more rules like this they have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭emertoff

The G14 has become increasingly irrelevant anyway.

From what I remember, clubs like Bayer Leverkusen were part of it. Chelsea are not members. Therefore it is not representative of the true elite. (I'm not a Chelsea fan, btw).

This grouping was only formed to put pressure on UEFA because of the idea of a European League was a real possibility before the Champions League was ludicrously extended to allow teams finishing in 3rd and 4th place to qualify for it. Hence the current system where some of the big clubs have the insurance policy of having a crap season by their standards and still getting a ticket on the gravy train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

http://www.g14.com/G14members/index.asp

All in all, a list of most of the biggest, most prestigious clubs in Europe bar one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

emertoff wrote:
    The G14 has become increasingly irrelevant anyway.

From what I remember, clubs like Bayer Leverkusen were part of it. Chelsea are not members. Therefore it is not representative of the true elite. (I'm not a Chelsea fan, btw).

This grouping was only formed to put pressure on UEFA because of the idea of a European League was a real possibility before the Champions League was ludicrously extended to allow teams finishing in 3rd and 4th place to qualify for it. Hence the current system where some of the big clubs have the insurance policy of having a crap season by their standards and still getting a ticket on the gravy train.

Chelsea will never be let into the G14.....all the clubs there have a history of being top clubs in there respective league! Chelsea just have some mad Russian who is spending way over the top money for players! (24mil or watever for Drogba) and giving them massive wages! he will get bored....jump ship and Chelsea will be in a worse state of affairs than they where before he took over......dont see how you could class Chelsea as a G14 club! 2 season ago they nearly closed because they where so much in dept! that doesnt sound like a G14 club to me? could you see it happenin to Madrid or Utd?

Anyway though the G14 clubs where kicked out if they had over 50% of there income going on wages? Chelsea at the moment are at over 70%!

Rant over! haha! they should let in Shef Wed though and give us a few millions to get us out of the hole we are in! haha

Advertisement