Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esatbt 3 month free broadband trial?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone avail of this? It purports to be a no catch free 3 month trial of broadband?

http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_offer.htm

yup i have it and got webcam also....got it delivered by SDS to house with pain free install......quite happy with it at moment with 8gig cap..

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Have this aswell,work's just fine! :D

G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have had it 5 days.

Excellent service so far!

And there is no catch!

HOwever, what I want to know is whether you have to return EVERYTHING you got with the package, or just the modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

global wrote:
    Have this aswell,work's just fine! :D

G
    yea brilliant so it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Have had it 5 days.

Excellent service so far!

And there is no catch!

HOwever, what I want to know is whether you have to return EVERYTHING you got with the package, or just the modem?

You return everything, don't take the chance to try and keep the webam, they might just start billing you at the end of the trial.

As for caps? Has anyone been charged for them yet? Two months ago I downloaded 9 gigs and uploaded 3 gigs, they didn't deduct anything from my ank account. Last month I went just over 8 and uploaded 4, I wonder will they charge me . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Eircom are seemingly charging for going over the cap since yesterday. UTV (afaik) are doing the same. I don't know what the story is with iol, but it might be worth giving them a ring.

afaik (from reading other people experiences on boards), they cut off your connection after you go 1 gig over the limit and dont acitvate it again until the next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

How long did it take for them to deliver your modem? I heard that U.tv can take more than 3 weeks. But how long does it take Esat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i got my modem in 3 days... from esat, i just chatte to the lad and asked him to push it through... and he did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Hey all,

This sounds good, as I've just checked and it seems I can get BB in Wicklow...

Just wondering if you were hit for an installation charge - as when I was inputting my details etc. for the service I have to choose from either a self install or an engineer install, and the self install had €90 in brackets beside it...
    Ta,

Rabid.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

Im thinking of changing over to this (from UTV clicksilver) can i avail of this trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

No, it's first time CLI connection

I've just been emailing their customer care and they said that you need only return the modem!

I'll try and confirm this with several others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

had this for the past few days (iolbb+)
    chuffed with the service so far;
    rock solid download speeds and great pings. win win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

Just ordered the bugger...

Seems the self install charge only comes into play when you start the first month of paid service....so I guess free is really free in this case....

...now I wait.....broadband...and doom3 by the end of next week perchance?

"Sweaty jock straps Batman!"

rabid wrote:
    ...now I wait.....broadband...and doom3 by the end of next week perchance?
    if you're one of the blessed few.
    you'll prolly have a months wait ahead of you like the rest of us plebs.

2.5gb downloaded in 3 days... i need to chillax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm on it too. I have been getting pretty stable downloads of 50 k/sec. Not sure about going over the cap, haven't done it yet. Took them about 3 weeks to get me my modem. My only complaint is that some of the people who sign people up know next to nothing about computers. When I signed up on the phone, the woman said that the modem came with all the nessarcy drivers. Forgetting to mention that it was only for windows. Took me a week to get it working in linux. Silly silly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

Took me a week to get it working in linux.
    Drivers? Are you using the modem on USB, or talking about the cam?

Syth wrote:
    My only complaint is that some of the people who sign people up know next to nothing about computers.
    aye, took me an hour to get through to someone that could figure out why my account wasn't working (username hadn't been enabled)
    "have you used the install cd"
    "erm, i'm using my ethernet port, i don't need it"
    "are you sure"
    "..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Syth wrote:
    When I signed up on the phone, the woman said that the modem came with all the nessarcy drivers. Forgetting to mention that it was only for windows. Took me a week to get it working in linux.
    You don't need drivers to use an ethernet modem - with linux or Windows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement