Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hyperthreading with UTV internet

• 01-08-2004 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

a friend of mine just signed up to UTV BB and mentioned something on their website about the modem they use (usb) not being compatible with P4 systems with hyperthreading. this doesn't make sense to me really, so I thought I'd ask u guys. I suggested he give the modem a try and if the worst comes to the worst he can always buy a cheap router from komplett. there's one there for 31yoyos should do the job, anyone buy one? if so, any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

If it's not compatible, its nothing that an updated set of drivers can't sort out. If it turns out to not work, then e-mail the modem manufactorer and demand working drivers. In fact, e-mail them now and ask them about compatibility and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'm not just ready to start sending death threats until I actually try the modem. I'm just asking if anyone has had this problem. I would have imagined that hyperthreading wouldn't interfear with a simple USB device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Spacedog wrote:
    if the worst comes to the worst he can always buy a cheap router from komplett. there's one there for 31yoyos should do the job, anyone buy one? if so, any good?
    That's not a DSL router - it's a "broadband router" with an etherent interface on the WAN side, that plugs into whatever broadband device you have - a DSL "modem" with an ethernet port, a Cable modem with an ethernet port, or a Wireless broadband connection delivered to an ethernet port.

UTV will deliver an ethernet "modem/router" for an extra €50.

DSL Warehouse seems to be offering a 100% discount on the D-Link DSL-300G+ at the moment ;)

Advertisement