Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What broadcast software does Phantom use?

Options
  • 01-08-2004 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working on expanding an existing Shoutcast station, and was wondering what software stations like Phantom are using to broadcast?

Help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

What is your station called?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What *is* the deal with Phantom? Is it DEAD? Last month I mailed them, posted here and PM'd one of the phantom guys about getting a gig listing put on their site, NO reply and gig was never listed. Someone else also complained about the same problem.
    Then I ask this simple question and it's ignored? There used to be pretty regular posts from the guys involved in Phantom but they don't seem to come on here anymore.

What's the dealio, guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

ah i'm sure they are probably on holidays or hung up with some application related business.

I'm a shoutcast broadcaster too. I use a program called SAM2 broadcaster which is pretty nifty. Used to use an old demi-mixing desk for it, but it was old and there was hum in it so went all digital. It's got some handy gizmos for crossovers and fades and what have you. Even has a thing that if you have a website, it will auto create a html file of what has been played. also can create a what you ma call him.... you know...... most played charts etc. things

Then again it seems to be one of the only good ones about..... other than doing your shows through winamp!!! :eek: :D

ah i'm sure they are probably on holidays or hung up with some application related business.

I'm a shoutcast broadcaster too. I use a program called SAM2 broadcaster which is pretty nifty. Used to use an old demi-mixing desk for it, but it was old and there was hum in it so went all digital. It's got some handy gizmos for crossovers and fades and what have you. Even has a thing that if you have a website, it will auto create a html file of what has been played. also can create a what you ma call him.... you know...... most played charts etc. things

I'm looking for an app which could do this:
    The broadcaster is on a 512k cable connection, so can't support many listeners. I'd love to find an app where he could broadcast direct to my server, which can then relay it to loads of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Hey guys, sorry about the absence. A lot of us have been away and/or asleep for the past couple of weeks, just getting over the sleep deprivation that was the licence application. Nearly back to normal now!

We use Windows Media for our streaming, so it might not be really relevant to your case: we encode using WM Encoder at the source and send it to our streaming providers who host the server and have bucketloads of bandwidth. This is what you connect to when you listen to the stream.

Hope this helps anyway - lemme know if you need to know more about this...

Cheers,
    P.

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote:
    I'm looking for an app which could do this:
    The broadcaster is on a 512k cable connection, so can't support many listeners. I'd love to find an app where he could broadcast direct to my server, which can then relay it to loads of people.

SAM 2 woudl do it I'd say. I do it off a 512K connection too myself, broadcast at 28Kbps using mp3pro encoding, although thinking of going to wm encoding since there are some playing issues on the client end with mp3 encoding. I broadcast straight to shoutcast though. then they host it. But I'd say he could send the stream to you, then you could relay it on. There is loads of the app I havn't even touched, it took a while to get stuff sounding perfect on it. stuff like loads of encoders and connections and stuff.

You'll need the Shoutcast DNAS too though remember to connect to them.

www.spacialaudio.com are the guys who make SAM2 anywho

Oooh I like the look of that! I shall give it a go, cheers for the recommendation!

anytime sir, have any questions about setting it up just ask.

I'd stick with paul clarkes advice and go with the wm encoding if you are going to stick to one encoder. Everyone seems to have wmplayer and streaming mp3 sometimes causes problems for some as there are may applications that can play em!

Anywho, glat to be of help :D

Advertisement